MECCG in Vegas!

TradewindRider

Greetings All,

On behalf of rezwits and the Jabberwock, am starting a new thread to discuss a possible upcoming MECCG gathering in Vegas, at the Little Shop of Magic on Flamingo Road.

I'm looking at the latter part of January for now--I need to discuss with the scattered members of the California crew. Most would probably prefer a weekend, though I would probably prefer a weekday/weeknight as I will be driving. It's normally only 4 hours from my front door, but on the weekends it seems half of LA wants to drive on the I-15 to Vegas as well, lol!

If I'm unable to get the California crew together, I'd be more than happy to drive up there with my MECCG decks--I spent my entire day off last Monday updating them after the festivities at ConQuest Avalon in the Goblin King's lair. I've also not been to Vegas since middle of last year, and am eager to stop by the White Castle on the Strip (none here in California, lol) and the Palace Station's most excellent hole-in-the-wall Cajun soup bar.

Please mark your calendars, and let's discuss!

TradewindRider
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks Tradewind for the initiative!

As mentioned in a different topic, I will try to attend. Please post possible dates that work for you once you've discussed with the Cali Crew.

Cheers!
TradewindRider

Greetings rezwits/Jabberwock,

I've spoken with Gandalf Gene (from Cupertino, CA), and he and I can commit to a gathering during the weekend of 2-3 February. It's only the two of us so far, but that's more than enough to form a quorum--I imagine that we will arrive Saturday 2 February around lunchtime, so we'll be available all afternoon/evening on that Saturday and all day Sunday 3 February, and we'll leave town either late Sunday night or (in my case) early Monday. At a minimum, we will bring our plethora of pre-constructed and modified Hero Challenge decks, Gandalf Gene's Hero Arda, and perhaps even one or two First Folk decks (I have a Dain Dwarf-Lord deck I've been working off and on now for a couple years).

I'll updated as we hear from the crew scattered across California, but I believe this is enough to go on. Looking forward to it!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

I'd like to attend but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out to Vegas. I was planning to go to ORCCON in Los Angeles (Feb 15-18) on Saturday, and maybe Friday.

Are people planning to go to both events? Or is this Vegas meetup supplanting the LA one?
TradewindRider

Greetings Chris,

Thanks for chiming in! We are definitely going to have MECCG at Strategicon as usual, at the LAX Hilton on Presidents Day the weekend of 15-18 February 2019. I will add a separate thread on that event as soon as I can coordinate a schedule of events with the Strategicon CCG department head.

We are scheduling this separate get-together in Vegas a couple of weeks prior to Strategicon--because Vegas! :)

TradewindRider
JeekElem

I would attend but I would like to see a little more time between Vegas and Stratigicon, maybe late January?
rezwits
Council Member

OK Sounds GOOD! 👍🏻

As soon as we lock in the date! I will go reserve the room/space, he's got two, one for up to 8 and another for like up to 12.

Thanks Tradewind!!

We'll get this done!

n.b. We should make sure the date we LOCK IN, is not a Magic or Pokemon release day. I'll check for Magic, but I don't know where to start for Pokemon release date...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
rezwits
Council Member

Magic is having theirs on the 19th-20th and 25th-27th of January...

So somebody check with Pokemon... thanks!
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Jeek Elem, per our conversation off-line, this is roughly halfway between Strategicon in mid-February and another Sacramento event mid-January, so the weekend of 2-3 February 2019 seems to be the best window for us.

rezwits, I looked up the release schedules and Pokemon is 4 January, so we appear safe from that. 1 February *is* a Yu-gi-oh expansion date, hopefully that's not an issue? :)

I think we should lock down the Saturday and Sunday, I'm gonna start looking for cheap(er) hotel rooms for that weekend, lol!

TradewindRider
CDavis7M

Thanks to everyone for setting this up. I would like to attend but I'm not sure I'll be able to. I'll check back in once it's closer to the date. I doubt I'll know my schedule until after the new year.
rezwits
Council Member

OK sounds good, February 2nd and 3rd are PERFECT dates for me, even with family stuff AWESOME!

I am going to start preparing decks!!

Haha!!

I'll go down to the "shop" and get the dates reserved, as soon as I am back on that side of town.

Laters...
rezwits
Council Member

Damn, I was crisscrossing February with Janurary, when I got a thought about the NFL Superbowl, and conviced myself NO, it'll be ok. Then talking to Jabberwock, he reminded again, "Hey what about the Superbowl?"

AND I looked, and guess what guys? Superbowl is Februrary 3rd, and Vegas is a nightmare flying or driving from California...

I would definitly be missing that Sunday Feb. 3rd, also.

But if you guys want to have a DUAL weekend (which I doubt), with MECCG + Superbowl, that's up to you guys...

But looks like we are going to have to push back again...

:(
:oops:
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Roger that--I was wondering why hotel bookings were so busy that weekend, lol! I'll look for another date post-Strategicon, perhaps early to mid March. Please stay tuned, thanks.

TradewindRider
TradewindRider

Greetings rezwits/All,

Let's go for Saturday/Sunday, 2-3 March, then. The Little Shop of Magic only has a Pokemon league day that Saturday, I don't see any other releases that weekend, and it's a couple of weeks before the St Patrick's Day and the first couple rounds of the NCAA basketball tourney.

TradewindRider
CorumMc

Pizza Expo starts that Monday. Though I imagine there won't be a ton of gamer overflow from the flood of Italians hitting Vegas that weekend getting in your way. :)

I will be heading in from Va to work the show. If you guys don't mind a spectator maybe I'll stop by. A few of us are planning to get in early Saturday and the plan currently is to get everything out of our system before the others show up Sunday night. I will likely be in no state to stop by, but if I can see straight I'd like to actually get to see the game played by people who know what they are doing.

Return to “USA MECCG Community”