VII. GCCG Nations Cup 2013 (Planning/Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Smaug wrote:Hi Manuel,

thx for the info!

I do not want to raise rule question here that are for sure somewhere already answered/clarified but I am interested in how the GI thing is handled. I know that the GI is calculated end of orga phase. If gislulf comes in (As in your game) under DI of Sauron he does not count against GI even when Sauron goes back to hand afterwards. So far so good, I am fine with that.
But when you play whct I wonder if the GI has not recalculated again in order to decide if Sauron is playable?! Does this mean as well the otherway round if lets say I start with Umagaur and Burthakaur and Buthrakaur is discarded during m/h that I can not play Bolg with whctc because I would exceed the calculated 18 GI from movement end of orga phase?

Cheers

Heiner
Heiner, changes to GI are immediate, there is no Used vs Calculated GI in middle earth that I'm aware of, if there were all sorts of odd things would start to happen. Also in your example I think you meant The Mouth versus Sauron :)
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Manuel wrote: Thank you for watching Heiner! =D

In the end it was ruled that I couldn't reveal Foolish Words on guard. That allowed Brian to play the Ice Orcs and Long Grievous Siege over Bree so my Rangers of the North would get bounced, turning the result from Manuel 28 : Sauron 19 at the start of the turn to Sauron 28 : Manuel 25. However, this rule decission didn't matter that much in the end, because Gloin rolled snake eyes during the council and went away with his Durin's Axe (I played a Friend or Three on him so it was only snake eyes that would make him be corrupted)

It was a really nice game and pretty well played by the both of us, I'd say. A worthy final, in my opinion. So, congrats con the win, thank you everyone for playing and see you all next year! [-me_ccc-]
Manuel, I agree with everything you said here. It was definitely a worthy final against a tough opponent and team!
Manuel
Council Chairman

@Heiner: While this is a bit tricky, the rules says characters that suddenly became out of Direct Influence control of other characters (because the character him left the board somehow) do not need to be controlled by GI and their mind do not add up for this until the next organization phase of the player controlling the character. On the other hand, as Marcos already pointed out, characters controlled by GI leaving the game inmediately stop using that GI - and also, if you want to play WHCTK, there has to be enough GI or DI to control the character that is about to enter the game. Not sure if that answers your question.

And yes, all final games were very exciting until the very last moment. Hey, after all it's more than a decade playing this game for most of us, we should be good at it :P
www.meccg.com
Manuel
Council Chairman

Sauron Ninja!
www.meccg.com
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Manuel wrote:Sauron Ninja!
:)

You know Manuel I liked it better before you got super good. I liked it better when I first started playing you and things like skin changers worked against you hahaha, but not really. :D

Now a days you make me think, and it's a harder match! Which in reality I like better :D
Smaug

Hi all,

I know that the GI - DI rulings is like you all explained. Nevertheless yesterday we had a perfect example that is somehow a bit odd. Mouth of Sauron leaving table while controlling Gisulf with his complete DI. After that he pops up again in the side phase and can use his direct influence for influencing a faction because he does not need the DI for controlling Gisulf who is at the same side and does not count against the GI because he where cotrolled before by mouth who is now back again but does need to control him any longer with his DI. For me that is somehow MAGIC ;-).

One question deducted from the foolish words ruling made. This means as well the a character I bring in during side face is not tackled by a headless r. revealed after e.g. an item is play. I am right?

But now I stop! Sometimes it is not good to try to understand rulings (only) with human sense but from the holistic game perspective ;-).

Cheers

Heiner
marcos
Council Member

One question deducted from the foolish words ruling made. This means as well the a character I bring in during side face is not tackled by a headless r. revealed after e.g. an item is play. I am right?
Heedless targets the company, not a particular character.
marcos
Council Member

anyways, a more logical play would be to bring the character with chance meeting/ we have come to kill, after heedless is revealed and resolved so you still have an untapped character :wink:
Manuel
Council Chairman

Smaug wrote:Nevertheless yesterday we had a perfect example that is somehow a bit odd. Mouth of Sauron leaving table while controlling Gisulf with his complete DI. After that he pops up again in the side phase and can use his direct influence for influencing a faction because he does not need the DI for controlling Gisulf who is at the same side and does not count against the GI because he where cotrolled before by mouth who is now back again but does need to control him any longer with his DI. For me that is somehow MAGIC ;-).
Yes, I agree with you; it's somewhat tricky and too good to be true, but it's done 100% according to the rules. Brian did a good move there, one of those you can only do if know the rules that well.
www.meccg.com
Smaug

marcos wrote:anyways, a more logical play would be to bring the character with chance meeting/ we have come to kill, after heedless is revealed and resolved so you still have an untapped character :wink:
Hi marcos,

as far as I know it is not possible to play the second item at underdeeps this way. the second item has to be played immediatly after the first, after heedless you can not play we have come to kill and than the second item, at least it was played and ruled in tournaments in the past as far as I remember?!
Is there a new ruling/clarification for this?

Cheers

Heiner
marcos
Council Member

yes, in that case you are correct :)
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Congratulations Flanel for a deserved victory!
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Sorry Wolfgang, hope you got my mail. I cant play tonight. Due to your time issues I accept a 6:0 defeat.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

hmm, thats unfortunate. next chance for a game would be next tuesday. i dont mind the result that much, but i would like to play if possible.
Smaug

Hi Wolfgang, Hi Martin,

you played meanwhile? If yes, it would be fine if the result would posted along with some tourmanents statistics we had the last years like MVP ...

Cheers

Heiner

Return to “Online Tournaments”