FWSLC 2012 talk and pool

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.

Time of event

Poll ended at Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:33 am

September
14%
October
71%
November
No votes
December
14%

Total votes: 7
Sfan
Ex Council Member

Hey guys,

greetings from New Zeeland. I will be here for 3 more weeks and definativly have no time for our beloved game. Heiner is on vacation, too. I would not mind one more game to determine the places 5 to 8 but could not start earlier than 20. January.

All the best,
Stefan
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

...seems somebody's on a trip to spot Hobbits? 8)

I'm truly sorry to notice that the 2 missing matches have not taken place. The one from group A hardly affects the further development of the tournament, but the one from group B might have, as it could have determined who finished 1st in that group.

As it is, I've ruled that Ringbearer and Gothmogg have forfeited their matches. It became apparent that they were the ones not showing up.

With this in mind, and with the notifications I've received on avatar changes, the following pairing has been made:

Trossell vs. Mordan
Tomppa vs. adanedhel

beornd1963 vs. marcos
zirilan vs. Ringbearer

for the places 5-8, I've also made a pairing, in case there is enthusiasm to play some more.
thorondor vs. Maados
Makinal vs. Josesan

Heiner vs. domse
Sfan vs. Peregrin
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Sorry all for the long wait but my work is hetic around xmas and drained me a lot of my energy. Combined with a weird schedule I just coudlnt really fit in. Things should be slowing down as the workload is greatly declined for now.

Question: do I still need to file a result for the added cash or is it automatically added.

Bert
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

i have your cash for the unplayed game, and for the bye as well.
marcos
Council Member

Bernd vs Marcos: Wednesday 8-1-2013 (exact time still to be decided)
zirilan

Bert and me will play at the 8. Jan. too around midnight 24:00 o' clock the vampire will raise from his coffin to drain the Ringbearer dry ...
marcos
Council Member

marcos wrote:Bernd vs Marcos: Wednesday 8-1-2013 (exact time still to be decided)
8-1-2013 is tuesday actually, lol!
Trossell

Semifinals match 1:

Trossell-Mordan 40-21
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Marcos beat Berndt 31-27

I forfeited against Alex.

Mirror matchups are a BAD idea. Even with duplicating stuff it didnt work out.

marcos
Council Member

Ringbearer wrote:Mirror matchups are a BAD idea. Even with duplicating stuff it didnt work out.
this
zirilan

:shock: Pallando meets his evil Twin and was bitten and drained off his blood ...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Ringbearer wrote:
Mirror matchups are a BAD idea. Even with duplicating stuff it didnt work out.
Well, they are not an idea.
Also, duplicating the avatar and avatar specific uniques, this way it was still 99% more fair than a regular GO game, and I hear nobody suggesting same avatar match-ups should be banned there.
I didn't see the game so I won't draw conclusions, but a forfeit is not a logical result of a mirror match-up (particularly not this one). Stranger things have happened in meccg.

It was an unfortunate mistake to make, especially in semi's. Assuming Bernd is correct (I can't find his email anymore, that's why it's best to pm in here cause emails get dished to prevent overflow), and Bernd is rather meticulous in these things so he's probably correct, and I offer my apologies.

Luckily somebody else gets a chance next year to do it better, and I'm sure Pavel will be delighted to take all of your applications for the job. Don't all email him at once please...
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I'm definitely not blaming you, just that in an environment so restricted getting the Keys turn 1 was a game decider. Its an error, we all make mistakes so dont feel bue that I dont like you anymore, I still do. Its just something that should be avoided next time if possible.

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

dont feel bue that I dont like you anymore, I still do.
Thanks, but that was not exactly my main concern. :wink:

the point is, that everybody is "too busy", so I foolishly offer to do it after 2 weeks of general apathy, while at the same time the biggest project in meccg since meba is eating up all my time and energy. Next, those same people who are "too busy" make running a smooth tournament impossible, adding a few more burdens, and then I myself end up making a serious mistake influencing the course of the tournament. So, any normal person would feel conflicted and want to throw in the towel.

ps. And now I can't even get into gccg anymore to play the final match of semis.... :lol:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

My karma was brown going to black in this game, making me wonder what I did wrong in previous lives, but still after a sharp battle of the minds, the score was very close, 28-29 for Tomppa.

so congrats to Snake Eyes (which surprisingly we didn't even see in this game) for making the final.

Return to “Everything Else”