Lost in Time and Space

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
miguel
Ex NetRep

zirilan wrote:what happens to a company that ends up in the void (company does not have a site anymore)?

Woundous Maps + Crown of Flowers + Twilight -> void?!
Original thread: http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =16&t=1823

Should we reconsider the use of CoF with cards that don't benefit from CoF's Gates of Morning effect? Would playing such a card with CoF constitute playing (with CoF) for no effect and be considered illegal?

Either that, or the company just gets discarded if it has no site associated with it? But this opens some more issues, like if a company is moving to Wondrous Maps and it gets discarded, does the company remain in play until their old site gets discarded? Or would they return to their site of origin? Sigh...
marcos
Council Member

Would playing such a card with CoF constitute playing (with CoF) for no effect and be considered illegal?
in my oppinion this is what makes more sense
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:
Would playing such a card with CoF constitute playing (with CoF) for no effect and be considered illegal?
in my oppinion this is what makes more sense
That's what would make more sense.

But there is an effect to playing something with CoF. It allows such a card to be discarded via twilight, which has a potential effect.

I would just reword CoF such that only cards that get a use out of GoM may be played with it, such as dark quarrels, many turns, etc.
marcos
Council Member

i agree with Brian
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I'm in favor of Brian's suggestion, too.

note: With such ruling entry 1 in digest #123 becomes obsolete.
CoE Rulings Digest #123 wrote: 1 a)
Can I play play Sacrifice of Form with Crown of Flowers and then later Twilight CoF and play a second SoF?
---------------------------------------------------
Yes, if all requirements for such are met, it is legal.

1 b)
When I Twilight CoF away, what happens with the items the Wizard had held? And can I play another Wizard or do I have to reveal the same avatar each time?
---------------------------------------------------
If Sacrifice of Form is discarded, all items placed off to the side with it are also discarded. After SoF is played, you may not play a different Wizard and your opponent may not play the Wizard you sacrificed.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Bump for more discussion.
Konrad wrote:But hey. Now it only allows for cards that have different effect/are playable only if Gates of Morning is in play.
If problem is interaction with Refuge and Wondrous Maps why do not make ruling for these card?
I think that similar issue was overseen by ICE in case of cards like Hidden Haven, and was resolved easly by adding phrase "Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck. It cannot be discarded otherwise."
It could be for Refuge and Wondrous Maps for example:
"Discard this card only when the site card that it substitutes would be discarded or returned to its location deck. It cannot be discarded otherwise."
(site cards are discarded only when no company stays at or moves to/from the site).
It direcly addresses issue without side (and somehow harmful) effects.
marcos
Council Member

i guess that would be an easy way of dealing with it. But i also thought we don't want to make erratas but rulings. I'm not 100% sure, but if everyone is ok with that solution it is fine with me.
miguel
Ex NetRep

This subject was discussed in a broader view here http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =12&t=1922

Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”