D/A/CH - Nationals 2011 in Munich

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
Beornd

Announcement of D/A/CH - Nationals in Munich:

9-11. September 2011

Rest of Europe are welcome :D

Visit this link http://www.lureofmeccg.org/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1262 to get more information or write me a mail.
Beornd

Hi!

Offical announcement is done http://www.lureofmeccg.org/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1262- also the whole programe - if any interest to the Caradhras Tournament send me a reply.
Beornd

Hi!

Last up-do-date informations are gone - last chance mail me directly - b.brunner[at]inode.at
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

What a great day. Played one of the nicest tournaments ever with the best gaming community in the world.
Thanks again to Bernd and his brother for the great effort. It was worth it.

edit: And congratulations for winning the torunament!
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
marcos
Council Member

reports and results? :)
Smaug

I can only support Martins oppion, this was one of the best tournaments I ever played! Superb oganisation by Bernd and his brother. Very nice location.
The tournament itself was as well great. Bernd was in top form and managed to win his first major tournament! Congrats Bernd, very well done!

I am fine with my 2nd place, I won all my 4 games against strong opponents (martin, karsten, wolfgang, christian) and got 18 points. But at this day it was not enough to win, Bernd performed great and got 20 points out of 4 rounds.

Hope we will repeat the 3 nations tournament next year, if possible again in that great location!

Cheers

Heiner
Sfan
Ex Council Member

The weekend was more than fantasic. The organisation was perfect, the location awesome and Bernd and his brother did a coardially service with a great support of sponsors and prizes. It was the nicest tournament I ever played. THANK YOU!
Beornd

Hi my friends!

Thanks a lot to all who take part on a really nice weekend in munich and i´m proud to be a member of this meeting.

Final Results here http://www.lureofmeccg.org/forum/viewto ... =13&t=1269

Photos and Reports will follow...
Muad'Dib

Congrats Bernd !!!

I talked with IhsahnShade on Saturday about your nats and i said "i think Bernd will be the winner" . :) Too bad you wont come to Warsaw. So Heiner must be "good enough" :P . Any talks who will take part in Worlds?
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Beornd

Muad'Dib wrote:Congrats Bernd !!!

I talked with IhsahnShade on Saturday about your nats and i said "i think Bernd will be the winner" . :) Too bad you wont come to Warsaw. So Heiner must be "good enough" :P . Any talks who will take part in Worlds?
Thanks a lot for press the thumbs :).

Its really pity that i will loose the next worlds again like the last consecutive three worlds/european events but exactly at that weekend i´m a godfather of my niece.
Muad'Dib

So, Bernd, you have too big family :) (if it causes, you miss each internatioal event ;) ).

Can i count on report round by round? I mean results, how many 6-0,5-1 etc. Here or german forum, doesnt matter for me.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Beornd

Muad'Dib wrote: Can i count on report round by round? I mean results, how many 6-0,5-1 etc. Here or german forum, doesnt matter for me.
Yeap - i will post it soon.
marcos
Council Member

pictures are looking awesome, congrats for such a fantastic event.
Beornd

For this tournament i needed a deck that should work alone, because i have no time to arrange cards and it should work very fast because than i have much more time for organizing between the rounds.

I tried this deck first time at Lure 2011 and it was quite solid – 2. Place. Only the minion version, did not work very well so i changed it for his tournament.

Mordor – Underdeep - Shuffle with DoN and Snowstorm.
Both decks vs. Hero (Sauron) and Minion (Bade to rule without a RW) were almost similar, i have been changed only 5 Hazards and 5 Resources (surprise vs. Minion/Balrog not Underdeepdecks)

1st Game vs. Roberto:

I know Roberto and he is a quite sold Hero-Player and so i thought that would not be great problems for me. BUT I started and made many points but found no snowstorm. He played a Galadril Squatter deck (Hour of need + Webs of Fear and Treachery) and so he would not move in the next few turns :? . Mistake - after one round more he travelled to Wellinghall and I could stop him with Assassins. Interesting detail - he played In Darkness bind them on my Mordor Shufflers. Never seen them before but I think it´s a good idea. After 4th round i called and i could stop him again at his last turn. So i managed a 5:1 (29:16).

2nd Game vs. Dominic:

Last German Champion played Fallen Radagast squatter Deck with Dwarfs on Blue Mountains and Midschief in a Mean Way at three Borderholds already playable after first turn. I knew this deck exactly and tried to manage Snostorm/True Fire Dragon. And it worked - I killed one and stopped the 2nd.character only one wounded dwarf arrived Blue Mountains Afterwards my luck he could not play Radagast until his 3rd turn and he had also no character on a borderhold. At least I doubled items also no girdle - a solid 6:0 (38:18).

3rd Game vs. Christian:

Another Hero player and i realized that he dunked one round before. So i thought easy work for me. BUT he played strong Elves vs. Minion to grab big items at Shadow- and Darkholds in direction to mordor to manage CvCC. He started to Mount Gram and i could play Snowstrom but he found a Twillight :( . Now he travelled for the next rounds no wilderness so i had to bring in Foul Fumes und Withered Lands immediatly. After one round more i stopped him in Dol Guldur with a Nazgul and afterwards i got my Foul Fumes. So no untapped sites the final rounds. My decks worked straigth and called in within decent time. At his last turn he rolled incredible and killed two Assassins und one Nameless Thing and declared a CVCC (Thank God - no killpoints on both sides). So form me no chance to win 6:0 but finally 5:1 (31:17).

Last Round vs. Martin:

First i thought it would wait a Showdown to Heiner but he won his game only close. (Greetings from 2-Mind Balrog rule) So i had to play my final game vs. my nemesis. My percentage against Martin is (was) the worst since i play meccg and it was the first time i had to play my deck vs. minion without a real trial.
He played a Withered Heat Hoarmurath-deck. In his first turn he could play the Ice Orcs and Thror´s Map. But from his 2nd turn he looked into a snowstorm and was surprised and a little be angry. After 3 Rounds more and his last turn he got out Piercing all Shadows and moved only one wilderness and had also the option to influence my only faction Orcs of Dol Guldur. So we had to count the MP exactly because he wanted to risk. If all his turns would work he would have been 1 MP more than me. I could no to anything beside to smile and thought to lose another tournament in a last minute decision. He risked a roll (dono exactly 8 or 9 on an untapped character and it worked) to play 6 MP - than influence roll +3 for me and he rolled 10 :o. Now the final roll must work (the whole tournament i rolled in average really bad……. 8…..8……8……8……..8………8……..8. I´m the WINNNNNNNNNNER. unbelievable. Note: After counting - if he would have been doubled the factions he also would lose by one point. So i know why my marks were really bad at school!!!!! Result easy 4:2 (27:19).

Resourceplay : I did´t wrote really much about my resource game because it worked really alone in all games 27 – 31 (without double) in 4 - 5 rounds. One Party Underdeep (HL 2) other Mordor Shuffle to make the game fast. Sauron was here quid better because I could play more characters in one turn.

Decklist:
http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... =54&t=1802

Return to “Everything Else”