black screen

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
marcos
Council Member

GCCG is somehow not being started in my PC, it gets tilded on a black screen. Does anyone knows what is that and how can i fix it?
Brabo

I'm sorry, marcos, all I can say is I have no problems at all. That might indicate the problem is not with gccg though. Did you change something on your PC lately? Changed some settings/installed new software?

I'd say do an SVN update of the gccg folders and try again.
domse
Ex Council Member

marcos, I experience weird problems with gccg too. One is that the firewall of the router in my new flat does block it. But if I go somewhere else, where it should work, I get the same thing. Just a black screen and in the terminal there is a strange endless loop going on...
marcos
Council Member

hi guys, i didn't change anything on my pc, except that i uninstalled Batman Arkham Asylum :lol:

I tried updating and even doing a new checkout of the entire trunk folder, and i still get the black screen. I tried in another pc and works fine, so maybe the issue is in my own pc or something like that.
Bruce
Ex Council Member

GCCG is working fine on my PC atm.

I used to have that same problem sometimes in the past: I opened GCCG, but the GCCG window was completely black, w/out any sign of life, while all the other applications requiring internet connection worked normally.

I've never been able to detect the origin of the problem: rebooting the PC didn't have any effect. The only way I were able to solve the problem was re-installing GCCG. After a backup of the root/.gccg directory, of course. ;)

Maybe it was due to some conflict with other applications. Once I noticed that the problem occurred after running GCCG and Windows Media Player simultaneously. I don't know if that was really the cause, but since then I've never opened WMP anymore while I'm logged on GCCG. In any case, so far the black screen probem hasn't occurred anymore. As far as I'm concerned, that's what really matters. :P
marcos
Council Member

here goes something even weirder... i made a backup of my .gccg folder and tried with a new account and it worked. But when i try to run it with the "marcos" account it just gets tilded, maybe there is something wrong on the .gccg folder that makes it crash
Muad'Dib

@marcos

i had the same problem many times - when i was moving some folders, copying gccg to another computer or editing metw.bat (changing path to .gccg etc).In my case helped only installing again gccg :(

ps i forgot to add i needed new .gccg folder - old wasnt working so when i installed again, had to ask wigy for access to my account..of course i didnt isntall with images, just gccg.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
marcos
Council Member

ok, i managed to fix this by creating a new user and granting myself the old account's password (yes, i do have the rights of god as well :))

so far it is working again... maybe the .gccg folder gets corrupted somehow, i believe it is not the first time that happens to me
wlk

marcos wrote:ok, i managed to fix this by creating a new user and granting myself the old account's password (yes, i do have the rights of god as well :))

so far it is working again... maybe the .gccg folder gets corrupted somehow, i believe it is not the first time that happens to me
Indeed I faced such issues once or twice.
Usually by messing with settings though.

You can remove the whole .gccg, except username and password, should fix the issue.
marcos
Council Member

wlk wrote:
marcos wrote:ok, i managed to fix this by creating a new user and granting myself the old account's password (yes, i do have the rights of god as well :))

Indeed I faced such issues once or twice.
Usually by messing with settings though.

You can remove the whole .gccg, except username and password, should fix the issue.
i tried to delete the whole .gccg folder, but there are some files (deck-files to be precise) that can't be removed, do you know why and how can i delete such files?
I fixed the black screen issue by renaming the folder, but still i cant delete it

i guess they are somehow corrupted

Return to “GCCG”