COE chairman 09/10

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

hi fellow COE members!
its time to start a new COE session.
The last order of business for the CoE is to elect a new chairman for the next session. so lets nominate some candidates.
then, after the period of 1 week (till 14th april) we will have the voting.

After that, we will start the voting process for the next COE session: first gets some candidates and their statement, send out info to the community and finally have the vorting.

who is going to be the registrar for this? it should be someone not part of the council. maybe josh hunholz wants to do this once more ...
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I nominate Brian Min.
http://www.alfanos.org
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I'll gladly serve as registrar. I'll watch this thread to see when you guys are ready to vote.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I nominate Joe Bisz as chairman.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Balin
Ex Council Member

Sorry if this is not the proper thread, but I'm wondering... I have spent a year as a CoE member for what? No proposals, no resolutions, no emails until I've got this one from Wolfgang... to elect a new CoE! So, what's the point?

I have not been very active lately, but I visited our forum from time to time and could not see any activity from CoE... even Worlds 09 nomination was discussed at Lure, out of CoE sessions... I mean, it's ok with me, Barcelona is a fine place to hold Worlds and I'm trying to help Marc Roca from Madrid, but... if we are going to keep this CoE stuff one more year, let's make it work!

Just my two... euros :wink:
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Ringbearer wrote:I nominate Joe Bisz as chairman.
If Joe didn't take the time to comment on him being voted for VP for the last session, I can't in good mind vote for him to be chair for this year.

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... .php?t=936
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Brian is right; I am, unfortunately, stuck with my head someplace else right now (work), though I hope that will change this year. I don't think I was even aware that this VP voting was going on, except when someone asked me if I was okay with the nomination. (But it may be that I thought I wasn't allowed to vote for myself.)

There's another issue though: some time ago (more than a year) I asked someone (maybe Josh?) if an email alert could be sent to the COE members' email addresses when important COE issues/votes came up on the site. I was told this was an excellent idea, and that it would be done. So, I never thought that there was new pressing information on the forum. Given that, as Balin just pointed out, the COE forum is updated so little for our business, I think this shows just how important such emails are. Of course I could make time for COE business if there were so few posts as there were this year--say, once per season. But what I can't make time for is the *constant checking of the forum* every week to SEE if any business was posted. That's what email should be for (at least, that's how my current work life is organized).

I would like to decline the Chair position. I think someone else would be better as the general manager.

But I would like to reassure everyone that (as you must have noticed), I have a great many ideas in mind for our great game (ARDA, demo game) and am working on a bunch of them right now. For example, I posted a note in the Worlds 2009 forum about changing the format of that convention. I would like you all, as members of the COE, to consider the (middle)earth-shaking ideas I have outlined for how and why to change worlds, and weigh in with your opinions--and then vote!!

I look forward to all of us making progress and change with our community.

--Frodo
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

so its time for the election of the next chairman.
as of now we have exactly 1 candidate:
brian min
which makes voting an easy thing. as soon as we have 5 yeas, its sauron who will rule over the COE for the next season.

i will start: yea!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

ehm, of course i should have asked brian first if he accepts the nomination!
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Yes for Sauron to run the Council of Elrond! :shock: :shock:
http://www.alfanos.org
Balin
Ex Council Member

I say yeah too, but I strongly recommend that Brian changes his nickname to... Elessar?? :P

Concerning Frodo's words, I absolutely agree: we need regular emails to know what's going on at CoE.
About Worlds, I could not really say if it is a good idea to change it to another kind of event... I like Worlds as it is now, though I'll support a change if that is your decision.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Aye for Brian!
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

I guess I should post and say I'm accepting the nomination.

I'll vote me too!
Sfan
Ex Council Member

Aye from my side, too.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Aye!

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”