Balrog of Moria

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

The Wizards: Balrog of Moria
Rarity: Rare, Precise: R

Hazard: Permanent-event

Unique. The Balrog appears in Moria. The Moria site gains a second automatic-attack of 1 strike with 18 prowess and no body (i.e., 18/-). If this 2nd automatic-attack is defeated, this permanent-event is removed from play (i.e., the Balrog is defeated). If your opponent defeats this 2nd automatic-attack, he receives the Marshaling points. In addition, unless Galadriel is at Lórien, or she is not in play, Lórien is considered a Free-hold [-me_fh-] (for the purposes of healing and playing hazards). +2 prowess to all automatic-attacks at sites in Hollin, Redhorn Gate, and Wold & Foothills.
I propose following erratum:

"Unique. The Balrog appears in Moria. The Moria site gains an additional automatic-attack of 1 strike with 18 prowess and no body (i.e., 18/-). If this additional automatic-attack is defeated, this permanent-event is removed from play (i.e., the Balrog is defeated). If your opponent defeats this additional automatic-attack, he receives the Marshaling points. In addition, unless Galadriel is at Lórien, or she is not in play, Lórien is considered a Free-hold [-me_fh-] (for the purposes of healing and playing hazards). +2 prowess to all automatic-attacks at sites in Hollin, Redhorn Gate, and Wold & Foothills"

Changes underlined.

Rationale:

The additional AA not necessarily will be 2nd AA. It will or may be first or third if Rebuild the Town is on Moria. Depending on order of playing cards like Fell Winter, Whole Villages Roused, Balrog of Moria.

Forcing the AA to be 2nd AA would block a flow of game if there would not be other AA at Moria and game would be proceeded orthographically, e.g. under control of program.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
dirhaval

The most unusual text in the whole game: The Balrog appears in Moria.
I did get shivers when my opponent played this card on the table.

Was such a mechanic a start of something new? Doughnuts appear in Bree?
May be it was written like this to affect all copies of Moria unlike Siege on hero Edoras not affecting minion Edoras.

Return to “CoE Rules & Errata Community Proposals”