Doubt about putting characters into play

Errata issued by the CoE, open discussion of candidate rules for errata, and submissions for the Annual Rules Vote.
unbornchiken

Hi guys,

I have been playing this game for 20 years and sometimes I feel like I do not know anything.
Anyway, a discussion started within my playing group regarding putting characters into play. One very well reputed player in our group states that once the wizard has been revealed, characters can be put into play only if the wizard is present at their home site or at the corresponding haven. I have been unable to find this anywhere in the rules (including unlimited edition rules v2.5, wizards companion, and the small rule-book). The rules only state that you may put in play a character at their home site or haven if you have enough direct or general influence, but they do not mention that the wizard has to be present (if revealed already, of course).
Which is correct? Is my friend completely wrong? Is there an errata or additional ruling about this that I am missing?

Thanks!!!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Unless character is played under another characters DI that is sadly correct - Wizard has to be present to bring in new characters (even under GI) - some one will know where to find that ;)
CDavis7M

It's in the METW Unlimited rules, the Standard Rules section under Bringing Characters into Play.
unbornchiken

Awesome. Thank you so much, guys!

Return to “CoE Rules & Errata Community Proposals”