Scenario B : Prepare the Battle

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Winning Requirement is the following (bold mine) :
WR: All "Lieutenants" (of Morgul, Dol Guldur and Angmar) and "The Mouth" are in play at their home sites.
There's no defense possible against opponent playing Mouth of Sauron last turn.

The Mouth text is the following (bold mine) :
Unique. Manifestation of Mouth of Sauron. +2 direct influence against any faction. Tap during your organization phase to move one resource or character from your discard pile to your play deck and reshuffle.
Return The Mouth to your hand when Mouth of Sauron is played; you may automatically transfer one item he bears to a character in the same company (discard the rest).
I propose to add the following sentence :
Unique. Manifestation of Mouth of Sauron. +2 direct influence against any faction. Tap during your organization phase to move one resource or character from your discard pile to your play deck and reshuffle.
Return The Mouth to your hand when Mouth of Sauron is played; you may automatically transfer one item he bears to a character in the same company (discard the rest).
Otherwise, The Mouth is tapped if at Barad-dur.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Darksatin

A principle of the Hamburger scenarios is to never change the text of the cards.
So, another solution must be found.
gollum51

I had spotted this issue too.

I agree with Dominique about not changing the cards.
Let us change the WR, for example:
The mouth is in play (or has been discarded by opponent's play of the short event "the mouth of Sauron" in player's last turn).
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

That's indeed better this way.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Grishnakh

What about just holding a "We have come to kill" in hand for the last turn.
So you are prepered for "Mouth of Sauron" and can bring back your "The mouth" in the site phase.
Of course you need a second charakter at Barad-Dur, to bring "The Mouth" back.

Also you can block "Mouth of Sauron" after played once with "Lady of the goldenwood".

To change card texts just for a special situation can't be the way, for me too.

Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Grishnakh

Hmmm, I just realized that we can't bring a charakter back with "We have come to kill" at a Dark Hold!
My mistake, sorry...
Heiko
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Arkhorail

And he can just "attack" with the mouth at barrad dur, The lady is of no use in this case ... :wink:
Darksatin

I propose this solution :

B) Prepare the Battle :
DR: none.
WR: All "Lieutenants" (of Morgul, Dol Guldur and Angmar) are in play at their home sites.
The Mouth is in play at Barad-dûr at the beginning of the last turn.
gollum51

Almost there but not exactly:
1. If the mouth is returned to hand in the turn before the last, it is not in play "at the beginning of the last turn" as it will re-enter only in the org phase. If the hazard player gets the Mouth back (e.g. Uvatha), it can send him back to hand again in the last turn and the scenario is not fulfilled.
2. We should not force the Mouth to be in Barad-Dur one turn before the end. It is safer but it should not be mandatory. I'd hate to lose the scenario with the Mouth at Barad Dur because he only moved to BD in the last turn.

Moreover, the story of the scenario is that all the baddies are trying to be at home by the end of the game. Proposed solution means that the Mouth is free to leave BD in the last turn to go and get some more MPs.

I therefore propose "the mouth is at Barad-Dur by the end of the organisation phase of the scenario player's last turn (and does not attempt to move) or is at Barad-Dur at the end of the game".
Darksatin

gollum51 wrote: I therefore propose "The Mouth is at Barad-Dûr by the end of the organisation phase of the scenario player's last turn (and does not attempt to move) or is at Barad-Dûr at the end of the game".
It is not very "elegant", but I agree with this proposal.
Grishnakh

I have no other proposal too, even no other idea.
So, I agree too.
Cheers,
Heiko
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”