Scenario 1 : The Hobbit

To fulfill a scenario a player has to meet all deck building requirements during the whole game, and additionally the winning requirements for a certain scenario at the end of a game. There are 16 wizard scenarios and 6 ringwraith scenarios...

Moderator: Darksatin

Darksatin

1) The Hobbit
DR: The starting company may only contain the following characters: Bilbo, dwarves with homesite: Blue Mountain Dwarf-hold.
WR: King under the Mountain is in play. The Arkenstone or Returned Exiles is in play. A company has successfully played an item, an ally or a faction at the Lonely Mountain, while one of its characters is King Under The Mountain.

The name of this scenario is "The Hobbit", but some players play it without Bilbo !
So, I suggest to add this modification :
WR : "Bilbo must be in play at the end of the game"
Sam.Gamdschie

Hi,

as the Hamburg Playing Circle has decided not to change any scenario after it was published, we won't change the rules for this one anyway. But you may have your own rules.
on the other hand, this name of this scenario cam from the book "The Hobbit" and the story in it. While Bilbo is the main character in the story, other element like "King under the mountain" oder "the Arkenstone" are also very important. In my opinion, there's no need of changing the rules.

(Sorry to have you waiting that long time, but I was very busy in the last year.)
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
Yegor

So, what has been decided with this? Should Bilbo be played or any other hobbit?
Darksatin

Hello Yegor,
For this scenario, the text is now :

1) The Hobbit :
DR: The starting company may only contain the following characters: Bilbo, Dwarves with home site: Blue Mountain Dwarf-hold.
WR: King under the Mountain is in play. The Arkenstone or Returned Exiles is in play. A company with Bilbo has successfully played an item, an ally or a faction at The Lonely Mountain, while one of its characters is King Under The Mountain.
Yegor

Thanks, Dominique.

Does this mean, that if the player has no Bilbo in the company or uses some other hobbit character, his scenario is not fulfilled?
Darksatin

Yegor wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm Thanks, Dominique.

Does this mean, that if the player has no Bilbo in the company or uses some other hobbit character, his scenario is not fulfilled?
Yes. It is a difficult scenario.
Yegor

Thanks.

May I suggest a thing for the tournament then?

Since there are so many scenarios, it's rather difficult to memorize all of the details, especially when you're focused on your own. I actually thought that I needed 4 hobbits for the Shire scenario, while the requirement was 3. So, I suggest each player printing out the details of his scenario and making them available for the opponent to study. This will remove some dubios situations. And I'm speaking about The Hobbit scenario in particular.
Darksatin

Yegor wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 pm Thanks.
May I suggest a thing for the tournament then?
Since there are so many scenarios, it's rather difficult to memorize all of the details, especially when you're focused on your own. I actually thought that I needed 4 hobbits for the Shire scenario, while the requirement was 3. So, I suggest each player printing out the details of his scenario and making them available for the opponent to study. This will remove some dubios situations. And I'm speaking about The Hobbit scenario in particular.
You give me an idea : make "scenario cards" with the text of the scenario on it.
So, as you say, the player could consult his scenario or show the text to his opponent.
But do not forget that you declare a scenario, but you can succeed with another one !
For example you can have a deck to fullfill "The Rohirrim" and "Return of KIng" too.
"Rebuild the Towns" is a good backup scenario too.
But for one game, you can not have more than 7 scenario points (if several scenarios fullfilled).
Yegor

Darksatin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:44 pm You give me an idea : make "scenario cards" with the text of the scenario on it.
So, as you say, the player could consult his scenario or show the text to his opponent.
Excellent idea!

Return to “Hamburger Scenario”