The Northern Waste:
There are 15 new regions shown in blue (the Sundering Seas is also included but is not-shown and off to the West)
Introduction to the Northern Waste:
Forodwaith, the Northern Waste, is a land like no other. Home and refuge to the Lossoth, its vast tundras, unconquered mountain ranges and ice-mantled bays irresistibly beckon the bold and the adventurous. Here, at the ends of Middle-earth, the traveler may behold wonders and terrors beyond compare."[The Lossoth] are a strange, unfriendly people, remnant of the Forodwaith, Men of far-off days, accustomed to the bitter colds of the realm
of Morgoth. Indeed those colds linger still in that region, though they lie hardly more than a hundred leagues north of the Shire. The Lossoth house in the snow, and it is said that they can run on the ice with bones on their feet, and have carts without wheels. They live mostly, inaccessible to their enemies, on the great Cape of Forochel that shuts off to the northwest the immense bay of that name; but they often camp on the south shores of the bay at the feet of the [Blue] Mountains."
—The Return of the King, p. 321
Join the iceberg-dwelling Sea-hunters as they stalk the mighty whales of Forochel's bay, waging a never-ending battle forsurvival against the elements. Explore the cyclopean ruins of Morgoth's ancient domain—the Rifts of the Underdeeps, the Stairs to Hell, the Threshold of Angband and the volcanic crater of Morgoth's Well. Brave the arctic cold of the Landless Land, where none but the mysterious Snow-elves dare to tread, seeking the fabled source of Helecthil, the radiance of the night sky at the summit of the world.
But beware, for ice and snow are not the only perils of this forbidding land. Foul legacies of Morgoth—Orcs, Trolls, dragons and other horrors—prowl their ancient homelands still. The dreaded Sled-horde, merciless minions of the Witch-king of Angmar, raid and plunder the Lossoth year after year, relentlessly hunting down any who refuse to pay worship to the Dark Lord. Jäänainen, Siren of the Ice, and Eloeklo, Demon of the North Wind, haunt the wintry wastes, hungering after the blood of the Free Peoples.
Yet there is hope that Forodwaith may one day become free of the unnatural banes it has suffered under the ill-will of Morgoth and his successors. The Valar, the immortal powers that govern the world for Good, have not forgotten the Northern Waste— Yavanna the Earth Mistress weeps for the Wounded Land, and the power of her tears contends ever with the poison of Morgoth's malice, while Irmo the Lord of Dream speaks through visionary portents, giving counsel to those who would redress the land's hurts; together, they summon champions to their cause, to lend aid in a mystical quest of cosmic proportions. Dare you join in that quest?
Hero Regions, Sites, and Characters in the Northern Waste:
[-me_wi-] Forochel ( [-me_ha-] Rivendell )
- [-me_bh-] Lossadan Camp: Lossoth Man Faction
- [-me_rl-] Lossadan Cairn: Minor, Major, Greater Palantiri. Undead 2@8.
- [-me_bh-] Ruskea Vene: Losrandir Animal faction, Lossoth Man faction
- Karhunkäsi 2M 0DI 4/8 Warrior Man.
- Karvainen 2/8 4M 1DI Sage Diplomat Man.
- Vanha (any [-me_bh-] in NW) 4M 1DI Ranger Sage Dunadan.
- [-me_rl-] Thaurung: Minor, Major, Hollow by the Left Breast. Animals 7@4.
- [-me_rl-] Gondring's Lair: Minor, Major, Gold Ring, (Token of Goodwill). Dragon 1@13.
- [-me_rl-] Bernastath: Minor, Major. Men 4@6 (Brigands and Thief)
- [-me_bh-] Leiri: Lossoth Man faction. (search # cards for Lossoth)
- Karvainen 4M 1DI 2/8 Sage Diplomat Man
- [-me_fh-] Puolihmisten Satama: Umli Traders Umit faction (discard item).
- Marin 4M 0DI Warrior Ranger Umit
- [-me_bh-] Jääkylät: Aerfaroth Man Faction, Merikoirat Animal faction. Men Each@6.
- An ice berg-delving of the Merimetsästäjät.
- Pitää Kalasta 3M 1DI 3/8 Warrior Diplomat Man.
- [-me_rl-] Amon Anlug: Minor, Major, Hoard. Drake 2@10
- [-me_bh-] Hyvät Kalat (Port*): Helechoth Man faction, Lossoth Man faction.
- Karhunkäsi 2M 0DI 4/8 Warrior Man
- [-me_bh-] Ligr Wodaize Berne: Berninga Man faction. Hives Animal faction* (9 Rings for Mortal Men set)
- Raudabern 6M 1DI Warrior Ranger Man
- [-me_rl-] Kylmätalo: Information, Minor, Major, Greater Palantiri. Trolls 2@9.
- [-me_rl-] Linnarthurras: Information. (Elves remove corruption).
- [-me_bh-] Pieni Satama (Port): Aerfaroth Man faction.
- Pitää Kalasta 3M 1DI 3/8 Warrior Diplomat Man
- [-me_sh-] Eithel Morgoth (Volcano): Minor, Major, Greater. Trolls 3@9
- [-me_sh-] The Under-Forges (under Eithel Morgoth, adjacent to The Iron-deeps): Minor, Major, Greater. Orcs 4@8 and Opponent's [-me_rl-] creature.
- [-me_sh-] Mornost: Minor, Major, Greater, Hoard* if [-me_rl-]. Orcs 4@8 and 3@9.
- [-me_sh-] Pendrath na-Udûn: Minor, Major, A More of Less Decent Giant. Drake 1@12.
- [-me_rl-] Thilgon's Tomb: Minor, Major, Greater* (faced attack keyed to site or discard Lost Knowledge). Traps 2@10.
- [-me_ha-] Evermist: Elves of Evermist Elf faction, Ring of Healing. [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_cs-] [-me_wi-] from Rivendell. [-me_fd-] [-me_cs-] [-me_cs-] [-me_wi-] from Grey Havens.
- Kénwe Foryaren 3M 0DI 3/9 Ranger Elf
- Nestador 8M 3DI 4/8 Sage Diplomat Elf
- [-me_rl-] Maglgolodh's Cave: Minor, Major, Greater, Hoard battle-gear, Ring of the Protector. Undead/Dunadan 1@12.
- [-me_rl-] Canadras: Minor, Major, Gold Ring, Galgrin's Hammer. Dragon 1@13
- [-me_rl-] Orod Certhas: Information, The Crist-i-Sûlhoth. (Can store Lost Knowledge/Information). Spirits 2@7.
- [-me_rl-] Achrond (Port): Information, Minor, Ivory Hoard*. Wolves 3@7.
- [-me_rl-] Ei Missä: Information, Minor, Merikoirat Animal faction*. Wolves 2@7.
- [-me_fh-] Helloth (Haven for healing and hazards): Lossidil Elf faction.
- Los'pindel 7M 2DI 2/8 Scout Ranger Sage Elf
- Heledwen (Elf-hold?) 4M 0DI 4/8 Warrior Scour Elf
- Striuk'ir (Any site in [-me_wi-] in NW) 4M 1DI Ranger Sage Elf
[-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] Talath Uichel ( [-me_ha-] Evermist) -- East of Everdalf and Lindalf, North of Dragon Gap (which is North of Gundabad and Anduin Vales)
- [-me_sh-] Urdic Camp: Minor battle-gear, Major battle-gear, retrieve Skis and Fur-coats*. Men 5@7.
- [-me_fh-] Vasaran Ahjo: Umli Traders.
- Galgrinic 4M 1DI 3/7 Warrior Sage Umit
- Róin 2M 0DI Warrior Scout Umit
- [-me_sh-] Kala Dulakurth: Minor, Major, Greater battle-gear, Dark Numbers*. Wolves 2@7 and 3@8.
- [-me_rl-] Celeb-Ost (Ancient Dwarf Ruin): Information, Minor, Major, Gold Ring, Map to Mithril*. Traps 2@7 and Undead Dwarf 1@10.
- [-me_rl-] Tol Morwen: Minor, Major, Anglachel. Undead 3@9 and Opponent's [-me_cs-] creature.
- [-me_rl-] Andoloki in Numeriador: Minor, Major, Gold Ring. Drake 1@10.
- [-me_dh-] Barad Lughilsarik in Gundabad. Enchantment Each@12. Opponent's Angmar creature.
- [-me_dh-] Litash in Angmar: Information, Minor, Major, Gold Ring. Orcs 3@7 and Men 2@10.
- Ally - Great Seagull playable by Elf/Dunadan/Wizard at tapped non-Dragon, non-[-me_ha-] in [-me_cs-] in NW or adjacent.
- Minor item - Minor Spell-bead at a non-Dragon [-me_rl-] in NW.
- Minor item - Beadmaker's Healing Runeknife at [-me_rl-] in NW
- Major item - Beadmaker's Hunting Runeknife at [-me_rl-] in NW.
- Major item - Gaerennon at [-me_rl-] in [-me_cs-].
- Greater item - Greater Spell-bead at non-Dragon [-me_rl-] in NW if discarded Lost Knowledge.
- Special item - Tear of Yavanna at [-me_rl-] in NW with Elves and Sages.
- Information Event - Cembereth (can store trophy for MP)
- Event - Dreams of Beleriand (works with Dreams of Lore)
- Event - Friend of the Kelvar (2MP if 4 Animal factions)
- Event - Friends of Winter (3MP if Aerfaroth, Helechoth and Lossoth factions in play)
- Event - Great Song of Awakening (used/tapped after rotating Land Reborn, up to 4MP)
- Event - Hithailin (+1MP for each stored information at Orod Certhas)
- Event - Land Reborn (Needs Radagast or manifestation Aiwendil. +2MP for each Tear of Yavanna + effects)
- Tears of Yavanna and Land Reborn (and if you have 4 hours, Great Song of Awakening)
- Radagast Animal Friendship (new and old factions and allies)
- Hoard/Palantiri gathering (alternative to Withered Heath, Angmar, Mordor, etc)
- Hippie bead-making arts and crafts with spirit-naming and "Appeasement" song-making
- Friends of Winter faction rally (combine with Hoard/Palantiri or with Bead-making)
- Hithailin and Knowledge/Info storing at Orod Certhas (and if you have 6 hours, combine with Tears/Land Reborn/Great Song)
Minion Regions, Sites, and Characters in the Northern Waste:
Minion Resources in the Northern Waste: