Worlds 2022: Llinars del Vallés (Spain) Sept 9-11th

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
cram
Ex Council Member

We’re back!!

It is a pleasure to announce that Worlds will take place once more in Llinars del Valles (Barcelona). Llinars is located half way between Barcelona and Girona (low cost) airports.

The site is nice, is the same used for Worlds in 2009 and 2013. We have all commodities, so we can play, eat and sleep at the same building (even play DG with SPANISH RULES!!). If we have good weather have a swimming pool.
Staying at the site costs around 85€. This includes Dinner and sleeping on Friday and Saturday, Breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone preffers to stay on its own in a nearby hotel there is no problem, this is simply an option. Even you have the possibility to camp at same location.
Same way if anyone will assist with his family and is planning to leave during day and loosing any meal make us know too, there will be some discounts on the final price.

We will play all the usual tournaments :
Friday evening .- Hero only one-deck
Saturday .- General oponent (Worlds) and Drinking Game (at night)
Sunday .- Sealed and Worlds Finals

No inscription is needed for playing Worlds.
Sealed stuff for tournaments will be provided at the site, but you can bring it at your own.

There is no problem to add many more secondary tournaments, we simply need people to play it, just suggest and it will be done.
More information, such as the timetable, participants list, how to arrive and many more will be updated next weeks...

Inscription is open just for MECCG players and families. On July will be opened for everybody, but will still keep some places for MECCG. We have a reservation for the whole installations (more tan 200 people). Anyone interested to participate in this event write me a pm to cramroca@yahoo.com, to ask for more info or simply to book a room. Till we have plenty of beds we will fulfill them all, as we are playing other games tournaments.

You can pay at the same site, there is no problem, but it is important that if someone inscribed will finally not be able to attend, to make me know as soon as posible.

We Want You!
Mercenario

Hi Marc!
I would love a minion sealed tournament, if possible :-)
Mordakai
Council Member

I'm in, of course!!!
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Mordakai
Council Member

Two weeks, people!! [-me_cp-]
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Smaug

Any results?!
panotxa

Hi Heiner,

These were World’s results:

1 - Jordi Sorribes (Hero)
2 - Toni Matas (Minion)
3 - Jordi Matas (Hero)
4 - Kodi (Hero)
Smaug wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:07 amAny results?!
CDavis7M

Thanks for the update. Was there a hero comeback?
Glorfindel2

Wow
Do you have decklists?
panotxa

I may try to provide a little more feedback on the World's finals (I can only talk about the decks I was played against with).

I'm the one who was playing minion (Toni) and I was playing Heiner's Balrog in Isen (a version of the one he won 2010 World's with) which is a pretty solid deck.

Jordi Sorribes (Sorri) played an extremely risky hero deck as usual. He's a supersolid player - one of the best I know - who loves tossing dice 🙂 He was running around Eriador and the surrounding area with some elves and dunedain - so no risk to suffer minion's Arkenstone - and Radagast who bridged between some haevens to speed up his drawing. Small companies, high risk and high reward.

Jordi Matas (my brother) played a deck which is philosophically the oposite to Sorri's one. Super secure one big company deck with relatively low hazard limit. Gordo, Hues, Enruned Shield and Noble Steeds making it almost impossible to touch him. Big points around Anduin Vales and Dragon County.

Kodi played his (in)famous Elf-Song deck. What a boring game we had (sorry Kodi 😋), I couldn't do anything against him so I just tried to gather as many MPs as possible, but wasn't enough!

Best,

Toni
Smaug

Thank you for the results and your report Toni!
Congrats to Jordi for his second World Champion title after 2009 as well in Llnars. His first title he won with FW Alatar short rest in Eriador. I remember my final game against him quite well, an exciting tie, at the end I lost my title to Jordi and became second. He seems to like that region 😉

Only spanish players participated?! I was really unhappy about the date, the first time I could not participate after a very long time? Next time perhaps it is better to agree/vote for a date upfront, September is typical holiday month in Germany?!

Saludos from Egypt

Heiner
Kodi
Council Member

Hi guys! Here you have a more detailed results of Worlds.

We miss a lot of good players, I hope we can meet again in next worlds ;)

https://meccg.es/en/results/world-championship/

Return to “Worlds”