Worlds 2021 online (just a proposal)

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Hi folks!

First of all, sorry about my almost forgotten English. What do you think about playing an online Worlds tournament next year? We Spanish players are having now our Nationals online at GCCG, 16 players are in. We play one game (one tournament round) each two weeks. Something like that could be arranged to have Worlds 2021 online.

Let me know if you are interested, answering this post.

See you around!

PS. Not need to be the "official" Worlds, sanctioned by CoE. It's just a proposal :wink:
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

I have been amazed by the spanish community to be honest. I was told that during quarantine Manuel started an online tournament, so i was encouraged to reinstall GCCG since i changed my computer, and also joined their whatsapp group as if i were one more spanish guy. Seeing that many people online every day reminded me of old times. Of course, i joined the next event that Manuel hosted online and it was great to be back in bussiness.

So all in all, yes, i'm glad to see this kind of events being organized again and i really hope that the rest of the players around the world will feel the same as i do. I'd really like to see some of the old crew at it again :D

Count me in, and have all my support!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Well or you fools just move over to cardnum, where we are just having our 2nd online event, also GCCG installation is still a hinderance to some players and watchers

but that is just me who loved it dearly just 2 years back ;)

yours Nicolai aka Vastor
marcos
Council Member

there is a link over meccg.es to download a ready to use GCCG without the need of SVN: https://meccg.es/en/play-online/#

There is no need to say, that we dont want to disencourage the play over the different platforms, we just want people to play. So we expect everyone else to do the same :)
Mordakai
Council Member

I'm in. Right now. Who is my first opponent? Quick!
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I can’t 100% guarantee that I can play but count me interested.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
TheMoth

My group and I have been playing online frequently in the past few weeks via LackeyCCG since it supports more than two players per game (we pretty much play multiplayer almost exclusively). Lackey is insanely simple and it doesn't tax your machine at all.

But yeah, I think we're getting accustomed to playing online, so I would say that we would probably be joining the tournament!
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Great idea! I am interested. I strongly recommend to have the tournament on Cardnum, though.
Langloude

Very interested. If on cardnum it's quite sure i'll be in. On GCCG quite sure I won't.
Kodi
Council Member

Hi family! I'm in.

I can adapt to any the platform ;)
Manuel
Council Chairman

I'm in too!

I've played tons of games on GCCG so far, and I've also tested Cardnum some months ago. The fact that you can play Cardnum on your browser is super nice, but other than that, GCCG is much faster and easier to deal with. IMHO the implementation of certain cards and mechanics in Cardnum makes it more complicated than it should, while GCCG is just a neutral board where you move cards around, put tokens and roll dices. Plus, unless you want to play Dream Cards, GCCG installation is super easy (on a PC).

Anyways, I know this is very personal and I deeply respect the work of designers here. I'd prefer to play worlds online on GCCG, but I would adapt if the majority of players want Cardnum.
www.meccg.com
Tom Bombadonne

Hi All,

I would be in if on Cardnum, simply for the sake of ease of access. Wont install GCCG

Best
Mordakai
Council Member

No longer GCCG needs to be installed, just downloaded and double ckick'd. No more SVN, updates, tortoises, or any weird and unfriendly-for-dummies stuff. PC is just download and play. Mac requires Virtual machine (we have people in Spain playing that way), and it also can be used in Linux (we also have people here playing from Ubuntu).

Cardnum is great, of course. No installing at all. Some mechanics implemented. Any platform capable. Great work. I can adapt and play there, already watched all the tutorials, I'm registered there and I have some decks saved. Congratulations to developers, awesome work.

My opinion? GCCG is easier to play and deckbuild. I will play on cardnum if mandatory for taking part in this, but I'd prefer GCCG.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

abstain, I played online very rarely so far
CDavis7M

CardNum.jpg
CardNum.jpg (69.2 KiB) Viewed 5065 times
I'd play in an online tournament.
Mordakai wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:26 pm No longer GCCG needs to be installed, just downloaded and double ckick'd. No more SVN, updates, tortoises, or any weird and unfriendly-for-dummies stuff.
Yeah, but I just play Card Num on my phone. Still, I have GCCG installed on my computer the "hard way."
Last edited by CDavis7M on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Worlds”