Worlds 2018 in the Netherlands

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
Muad'Dib

Very nice playmats Eric :) Do you plan to organize new order or they are only only prizes?

Right now i declare my participation in hero sealed and GO. Maybe drinking game. Pity i dont see minion sealed :(
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I'll probably play:
Challenge Decks
Hero Sealed
Semi-finals
Dream Cards/Finals
Patric

I will arrive at 12:30 in Amsterdam on Friday. Is there someone who can catch me up that I can participate in Hero one deck?
In the evening I want to play Hero sealed preferred drinking game.
Thema the GO.
It is at Amsterdam Airport Schipol 40 min to the Castle by car...

Best regards and See you soon

Patric

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Smaug

Patric wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am I will arrive at 12:30 in Amsterdam on Friday. Is there someone who can catch me up that I can participate in Hero one deck?
Thema the GO.

Patric

Hi Patric,
ich sollte Zeit haben dich mitzunehmen, der Flughafen liegt fast auf der Route. Stefan und ich fahren um 09:00 Freitag morgen bei mir zu Hause los. Melde dich einfach per Telefon, wo genau ich dich auflesen soll ;-).

Regarding my Playlist, I plan:
Hero One Deck
GO (Semifinal/Final)
Sealed whatever alignment
Drinking Game
Patric

Smaug wrote:
Patric wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am I will arrive at 12:30 in Amsterdam on Friday. Is there someone who can catch me up that I can participate in Hero one deck?
Thema the GO.

Patric

Hi Patric,
ich sollte Zeit haben dich mitzunehmen, der Flughafen liegt fast auf der Route. Stefan und ich fahren um 09:00 Freitag morgen bei mir zu Hause los. Melde dich einfach per Telefon, wo genau ich dich auflesen soll.

Hallo Heiner, super besten Dank ich melde mich sobald ich gelandet bin um 12:30 Uhr. Ich versuche nur mit Handgepäck zu reisen dann gehts schneller Image

Bis dann,

Patric

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Very nice playmats Eric :) Do you plan to organize new order or they are only only prizes?
Well, if you had just won a unique prize through blood sweat and tears, how would you like it if others can simply purchase the same thing? ;-)
So I wasn't planning on printing more of these.
Of course, the images are freely available, and you don't need the darkweb to find a place to print playmats...
Hi Patric, ich sollte Zeit haben dich mitzunehmen
Excellent, that takes care of that, I believe only Patric and Pawel are flying in (and Joe!), Wolfgang is taking a train (?)
btw. Pawel and I should arrive around noon.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Brabo

Hi all! I'll be there to get a taste of the atmosphere :)

I plan to arrive on Friday around dinner time, and will be leaving again on Saturday evening. Soooo, I'm not participating in the championship, but I would love to play challenge decks, Arda, DC or general boardgames. See you there!

Wiet
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
gollum51

Hi.
Denis and I will arrive on Friday afternoon and we will join the same tourneys, i.e.:

Fri pm: CD. I will drop Denis at the castle in the morning and leave for a few hours. I will quite possibly arrive too late for the 1st round (happy to take the bye if there is an odd number and join back for the 2nd round)
Fri eve: hero sealed.
Sat : no tourney. boardgames and casual games
Sat evening : Hamburger
Sun : DC

See you all tomorrow.

Hervé

Ps: I am still looking for a few cards. Please check my recent post in the marketplace section.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Hey all!
I'll be there around noon this Friday. Not sure if the lunch can be purchased separate/ a la carte for people not staying at the hotel; if it can be, I'll probably join you all.

If Hero one-deck allows Virtual Set 1, I'll play. I'll also do Dream Cards (woot!). But I personally find Sealed to be pretty boring... after inventing ARDA and all. No World tourney for me this time.

I'll have enough Arda for 14 players. All Arda, all the time!

--Fro-do-joe
Zboku

Just a short notice to avoid spam here:

If any of you, guys, happen to have sth from my want list here and want to sell, please talk to Pawel (Muad'Dib). If we agree on prize, pls leave cards with him and he will pay for me :)
Thanks and have a good draws!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

hey leaving early tomorrow from Kempen, going to laser up there, joping to be there around 9.00 am

GO semi-final (if need be to have a even number of players), but I prefer some casual gaming rather
Hamburger (if somehow has a deck for me)
Dreamcards (or GO finals)

and some DC and ARDA and casual coolplay even till my hands bleed

yours Nicolai aka Vastor

contact if anyone needs a lift in the morning
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

5 way tie for finals, Pawel odd man out due to opponent score: Karsten, Heiner, Mark & Patric made it
Goblin King

Many of the usual suspects then ...I wonder if their decks hold any surprises or if those are the usual suspects too?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

The weekend was a blast, 19 people showed up and played a total of 10 tournaments.
Here are the results of the jury.
The top 3 of each tournament is given, for the full results visit (in due time) the Fallen-Gandalf website, your place to find all meccg tournament results!

Friday:
Hero 1-deck: 1. Heiner, 2. Patric, 3. Eric
Challenge Decks: 1. Pawel, 2. Hervé, 3. Denis
Hero Sealed: 1. Heiner, 2. Leon, 3. Wolfgang

Saturday:
GO semi final: 1. Mark, 2. Karsten, 3. Heiner, 4. Patric, 5. Pawel
Drinking Game: 1. Wolfgang, 2. Heiner, 3. Mario
Hamburger scenario: 1. Eric, 2. Hervé, 3. Denis

Sunday:
GO Finals: 1. Heiner, 2. Mark, 3. Patric, 4. Karsten
Dreamcards: 1. Joe, 2. Hervé, 3. Nicolai
Minion Sealed: 1. Leon, 2. Wolfgang, 3. Christian

Arda competion over 3 days:
1. Joe, 2. Robert, 3. Leon

Overall MECCG World Championships Competition:
1. Heiner (1+1+1), 2. Wolfgang (1+2+3), 3. Hervé (2+2+2)

For the GO semi-finals there was an unprecedented 5-way tie between players with 16 TP's. Before the tournament we had all agreed that the official Council of Lórien order for tie-breakers would not be followed. Head to head and nr. of wins would be considered only after opponent-scores.

With this large a tie, however, the opponent scores were bound to be close. Triple counting revealed that Mark had 59, Karsten 56, Heiner 51, Patric 46, and Pawel 44. Thus, Pawel did not make the cut, which was twice unfortunate, as he would have easily made it based on head to heads and nr. of wins, and he was the only player to win all 4 of his games! Heiner won only 2 of his 4 semi-final games.
(nb. I faced 3 of these 5 players and still finished 7th :-))

The GO finals was also a close call. With 4 titles for Mark, 3 for Patric, and 2 for Heiner before the weekend, thus Heiner was very eager to win this year's Worlds. He even spent an hour at 3 a.m. Sunday morning, after the drinking game, being more drunk than awake, to modify his deck. This either payed off or did not do too much damange, as in the 3rd round head to head with Patric, the final MP score was 24-23. Thus, Heiner is the new 2018 World Champion by a difference of 1 MP !!

For the first time we also crowned an Overall World Champion, to award and promote not only competetive play but also other formats. However, with 3 tournament wins over the weekend the result for 1st place was not a huge shocker. Heiner is also your 2018 Overall Champion ! He did it, he slew the great warriors, he took home the trophies.
Second and third place were more of a surprise. Wolfgang and Hervé tied with 6 points, however Wolfgang became 2nd due to a tournament win, and Hervé 3rd as he scored 2nd places in 3 tournaments.

We hope you all had a good time, and that some players will post reports and/or photos, for the enjoyment of those who could not attend.
cheers
Eric & Mark
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for the update and thanks for hosting Eric and Mark!

I have a few follow up questions (specific to the GO tournament):

1) Will someone please post what alignments the 5 finalists played for the GO semi-finals, as well as what alignments the 4 finalists played on Sunday? Were finalists allowed to switch their decks for Sunday or did they have to use the same decks as on Saturday?

2) What deviations from the Official Council of Lorien Tournament Policy were made, and what were the reasons behind any such deviations? You guys all agreed not to use the CoL tie-breaker rules, what was the reasoning for this decision?

3) Did you guys play 1-deck or 2-deck games? Standard Council of Lorien times were used for these games?

4) Did any notable rules scenarios crop up during play that were affected by this year's Annual Rules Vote results?

Cheers!

Return to “Worlds”