Worlds 2013 Spain Llinars (Barcelona) September 20-22

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Ditto!

Cant afford it this year due to work issues, but otherwise I'd love to play in it.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Smaug

shadow and flame wrote:Well after hard negotiationes with my principal I got a green light.
So Karsten and me will join the party.
We will arrive at 21.35 in Girona on friday evening and leave on monday evening.
transport to Llinars on friday is not clear jet. Anybody an idea? I think there is no train in the evenbing?
Heiner where did you rent your car?
cheers Mario
Hi Mario,

I booked the car directly with the flight from hertz if i rember right! Renting car in spain is very cheap at the monent, below 20 Euro per day (i paid 87 for 5 nday, golf class)

Great that carsten and you come !!!!

Cheers

Heiner
Smaug

Hi guys,

in general - if all real players are experienced with GCCG - it would be not a big thing to integrate some GCCG seats even into the main tournament if at the Location WLAN is available. Players only need their real decks in addition registered online. A bit tricky is the time, 80 min online is only a fair game if both players know the handling quite good. But that would be managable is guess as well as having enough laptops at the location.

The main problem are players that have not played online before. Even with assistance (e.g. by tournament orga) i guess it would be unfair ( I remember quite good how bad i played my first online games because i was soo busy with the handling that i forgot the thinking :-(.

I guess that is unfortunately the show stopper for integration in the main event :-( because I think it could not be the spirit of real cards WC to force players to be able to play online as well. This would be a missleading signal in my eyes.

But may be an online side event would be possible, e.g. sealed is perfect for that??

Cheers

Heiner
Muad'Dib

See you there guys ;) Im coming with my gf on Tuesday 17.09 and leave Barcelona on Thursday 26.09. It will be nice to see some of you again and meet some of you first time :) Holidays + MECCG Wolrds..couldnt be better :)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Muad'Dib

Guys, just want to be sure, we meet in Llinars del Valles, not Llinars far away from from Barcelona?
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
cram
Ex Council Member

We're close to 30 players at the moment!!!

That's really great.
Thanks folks for all your interest and participation.

I'll take my computer to update results and to allow to play some GCCG games, but I know most of Spanish participants don't use to play it.
Due to this I think official games on GCCG will be near impossible.

Well, eveything works and waiting to meet you all again.
CU

Ps.- Please contact me for any question.
cramroca@yahoo.com
rezwits
Council Member

Sealed and Worlds Finals

Is the Worlds Finals, any deck Alignment you want? ie Wizard, Fallen, Nazgul, Balrog?

or just sealed?

or just Hero only?

THanks call me a newbie :p I don't mind
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Smaug

zarathustra wrote:By the way, will it be possible to integrate GCCG into any of the games/tournaments? I know Joe Bisz would love to participate in some way.

Heiner: Great! Let's plan on hanging out a bit after the tournament!
Hi Marc,

may be I will increase my days spend before/after worlds to make some more days holidays in Spain. You meanwhile booked your flights?
If yes and if you like to spend some more days together at the coast and/or andorra/pyrenees please let me know

Cheers Heiner

Update 26.08.2013 Due to almost 100% cancel/change fees for the flights changes and as well rental car storno I will not change my original travel dates I think
Last edited by Smaug on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smaug

rezwits wrote:Sealed and Worlds Finals

Is the Worlds Finals, any deck Alignment you want? ie Wizard, Fallen, Nazgul, Balrog?

or just sealed?

or just Hero only?

THanks call me a newbie :p I don't mind
Worlds are always 2 deck General opponent normal tournament rules, all alignments allowed, Minion and Balrog could as same alignment, so Balrog deck against Hero(and FW if you choice that deck against FW) and Minion against other Minion (and FW if you choice that deck against FW) is allowed. + 10 cards extra sideboard in one of your decks playing against FW allowed.

Cheers

Heiner
Smaug

Hola chiccas, Hi guys,

If anyone is interested to make holidays after lure just let me know! My girlfriend and me decided to have a tempary break, meaning we make holidays separatly. As a result I prolongued now holidays in Spain now until 4.10.2013. If someone is interested in joining me (beautiful young girls are prefered of course :lol: ) please let me know!!!!!

Cheers

Heiner
Mordakai
Council Member

Hi people::

I'm attending this MECCG Worlds and I'm interested in playing all the games held there, but since I've been away from the game for quite a few years, I'm not sure of all the rulings. The friday Hero 1-deck games mean 25 resources and 25 hazards, 10 creatures and 20 marshalling points and no need to exhaust the deck to call council? Or are the usual 30-30, 12 creatures, 25 MP and exhaust?

Thanks a lot

Mordakai
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
Smaug

Mordakai wrote:Hi people::

I'm attending this MECCG Worlds and I'm interested in playing all the games held there, but since I've been away from the game for quite a few years, I'm not sure of all the rulings. The friday Hero 1-deck games mean 25 resources and 25 hazards, 10 creatures and 20 marshalling points and no need to exhaust the deck to call council? Or are the usual 30-30, 12 creatures, 25 MP and exhaust?

Thanks a lot

Mordakai
I guess it is the usual

30 resources and 30 hazards, 12 creatures and 20 marshalling points for calling and no need to exhaust the deck to call

Saludos

Heiner
Mordakai
Council Member

Ok, thanks Smaug.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
cram
Ex Council Member

Hi guys,
Worlds come closer
Here you have my telephone nr just in case you have any trouble about arriving at the site, asking to open doors at night or something similar:

034 665 957 848

CU in a while!
Marc
Goblin King

I would love to see reports, video afterwards.

Return to “Worlds”