World Championships 2010 Live Report

MECCG World Championship discussion forum.
marcos
Council Member

Ok so here is a little report on what's going on 'till now.

Thursday:
I left job a few hours earlier in order to pick Heiner up at the airport. His plane arrived at 15:10, and me and my gf were waiting for him, after that we came to my home to leave all package behind and went to the bank to change Heiner's money. He invited me and my gf a few drinks in the evening and then we came back home. We decided that we had enough sealed packs to play the event and there were still leftovers, so we opened one pack (1 started and 4 boosters as usual) and played just for fun. My cards were a bit better so i won the first game but i've been lucky because he lost a character on council's cc. We switched decks for the rematch, and now the victory was clearly for him, all my luck dissapeared and as i said before my original pack was a bit better than his one, so on the second game Heiner had the good cards. During night my friends Marco and Emanuel came home, we ate some home-made "empanadas" (umm yummy) and then a few more games, Heiner vs Marco ended up in a victory for Marco because Heiner's deck was built with the starters we opnened in the evening :)
Emanuel vs me ended up in a victory for Emanuel because i missed my faction, grr damn you Glorfindel! :P
Went to bed at 3:30 am!

Friday:
I had to wake up early to go work so there wasn't much interesting things for me in the morning. My gf took heiner to have breakfast and walk a bit around the city. I left job earlier and we had lunch, we ate "milanesas", which is very similar to german "Schnitzel", Heiner decided to go take a walk around the city again and take some photos while i took a nap to have some energy refreshed. To be honest i couldn't sleep anything but i did relaxed a bit laying in bed. Heiner came back from his walk in the city when he realized he forgot his wallet :) and then i decided to join him. He bought a present for my gf and then we had a coffee in the bar at the corner of my home. After that we played a fun game, I used an unexpected party deck gathering mithril maps and he played the same deck that he used vs Marco last night. It was a funny game i was clearly in the lead but in the end all my little dwarves had so much corruption that i lost 2 of them in the council and ended up in the lead i think for just 1 or 2 MPs. After that we played one more sealed game, my memory is a little bit unclear about that game but i think i lost badly. I didn't have any allies and Heiner's cards were better.
My friend Marco came home at night and then we went to his place to do a sealed tourney. We were 6 players, this is the mini-report:

Round 1:
Heiner - Marco: 4-2
Marcos - Juan Carlos: 4-2
Emanuel - Fabricio: 6-0

Round 2:
Emanuel - Heiner: 4-2
Marcos - Marco: 6-0
Juan Carlos - Fabricio: 4-2

Round 3:
Marcos - Emanuel: 6-0
Heiner - Juan Carlos: 0-6
Fabricio - Marco: 4-2

Standings:
Marcos 16
Juan Carlos 12
Emanuel 10
Heiner 6
Fabricio 6
Marco 4

went to bed at 5 in the morning!

Saturday:
We just woke up, and planning what to do. My biggest fear became true, most of people is not showing up for the main event so we will see. I expect around 8 players, we will be hanging around Cordoba in the afternoon/evening have some lunch and play a bit later, hope we still have fun even with the lack of players :(
marcos
Council Member

Saturday evening/night:
so 6 players presented to the main event and even then it was a tough competition. We played round robin and this were the results:

Round 1:
Julio - Heiner: 0-6
Marcos - Matias: 6-0
Marco - Emanuel: 4-2

Round 2:
Marcos - Heiner: 2-4
Marco - Matias: 5-1
Emanuel - Julio: 6-0

Round 3:
Heiner - Marco: 4-2
Marcos - Emanuel: 6-0
Julio - Matias: 1-5

Round 4:
Marcos - Marco: 6-0
Heiner - Emanuel: 6-0
Julio - Drop
Matias - Drop

Standings:
Heiner 20 (wins on direct confrontation tie-breaker)
Marcos 20
Marco 11
Emanuel 8
Matias 6
Julio 1

I will post a report about my games when i have some more time!
Anyways, congrats Heiner!
marcos
Council Member

Saturday afternoon:
We joined Marco and Emanuel and moved to the place we were staying and playing. There were 2 guys from Buenos Aires waiting for us to play, everyone already knows the results :)

Saturday night:
After playing the first 3 rounds of the championship, the fellowship splitted, Julio and Matias went to party and we stayed playing the last round. Heiner and I tied on points, making him champion because of tie breaker quite late in the night, maybe around 3 am. The rest of the guys went to bed, me and heiner played one more sealed fun game i think i won that one. Went to bed around 5am and the party guys maybe even later.

Sunday afternoon/evening:
We woke up around 11 am, a friend of mine joined to have some fun during the day. After talking a walk to the river and having a refreshing time there, we had lunch at a local restaurant and then came back to the cabins and joined with the 2 guys that stayed sleeping. Then comes another sealed event:

Heiner - Julio: 4-2
Marcos - Santiago: 3-3
Matias bye 6

Marcos - Heiner: 0-6
Santiago - Matias: 2-4
Julio bye 5

Ranking:
Heiner 10 (2 wins)
Matias 10 (1 win)
Julio 7
Santiago 5
Marcos 3

shame on me! i finished last place! :oops:

Sunday night:
Championships is over, now some wishkey, trash-talking and german lesson with my GF and Heiner. Monday will be relaxing time and Heiner's last day here.

Auf Wiedersehen! :D
Muad'Dib

Congrats for Heiner but also he should be punished. Playing again Buth+Bolg..Heiner, its boring :twisted: But the most sadly thing is number of players :( Only 6 players..i was suprised because i saw somewhere list who wants and there was written above 20 guys !!! Marcos, you should kick their ass. Im also waiting for some photos ;)
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
marcos
Council Member

Muad'Dib wrote:Congrats for Heiner but also he should be punished. Playing again Buth+Bolg..Heiner, its boring :twisted: But the most sadly thing is number of players :( Only 6 players..i was suprised because i saw somewhere list who wants and there was written above 20 guys !!! Marcos, you should kick their ass. Im also waiting for some photos ;)
yes, i was very pissed that none of the "confirmed" players didn't even respond to my emails so in the last minute they didn't show up... Anyways, i don't want to understimate the other players but all of us knew that it was more like a challenge between me and Heiner
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

If I had the money to fly to Argentina, I might have come . . . :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
suman

Just so you can update the info on my games:

On saturday I played Minion - Balrog against Hero/FW opponents, and Hero - Hoarmurath against minion opponents.

On sunday I played Hero, Gandalf against minion; against Hero/Fallen Wizard I had two different avatars, Pallando and Radagast (although I could only use Pallando since my only non-minion opponent was Fallen Radagast)
cheap web hosting by envisionwebhosting cheap web hosting by envisionwebhosting
Pass4sure scjp certification Pass4sure scjp certification
Pass4sure 1z0-851 exam Pass4sure 1z0-851 exam
Pass4sure 000-107 exam Pass4sure 000-107 exam

Return to “Worlds”