Future of Lure of ME: program and schedule

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

The program has been a little bit different last time. Thats mostly because Sealed tourneys are no longer possible as they used to be (because of lack of supply).
For now it looks like this: see below. And of course there is ARDA being played all time. Abd if Alex comes back, there is likely to be Cool Play again.

At this point i would like to discuss things a little bit:
- happy with the program/schedule as it is right now?
- what about the new ones: DC Cube, Crap Hero Pool -
- anything missing? suggestions for new formats?
- not caring about the program, i take it as it is ...

there are the staples, that we are used to since many years:

Friday
afternoon - Hero 1 Deck Tournament (3 Rounds)
afternoon/evening - Dream Card General Opponent (4 Rounds)
evening - Crap Hero Pool Sealed (3 Rounds)
evening - Drinking Game Mixed Hero Sealed (3 Rounds)

Saturday
morning/afternoon - General Opponent (5 Rounds)
morning/afternoon - Hamburger Scenario Tournament (4 Rounds)
morning/afternoon - Mixed Hero Sealed (4 Rounds)
evening - CH-Deck Tournament (3 Rounds)
evening - Dream Card Open Arena
evening - German Minion Sealed (3 Rounds)

Sunday
morning/afternoon - Hero Pool Sealed (3 Rounds)
morning/afternoon - Dream Card Cube Tourney (3 Rounds)
morning/afternoon - 9-Ringwraith Multiplayer Game
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I've been thinking about suggesting another/additoinal scenario tournament for years but haven't come forward so far with a specific proposal. With slots becoming available now, I think I should now give it a try. We've had the Mithril tournament some years ago, and I like the idea of different scenarios over the years. Our play group has been testing some scenarios in recent times, mostly from the various players guide, and some of them could go well at Lure, too. Will come back to that with a more specific suggestion soon.
Muad'Dib

For me this schedule is ok, except hero sealed during the same time lie GO :( But probably you put it there because of number of players. Sunday is too late, especially for 4 rounds tournanemt. But maybe we can do it on Friday, as one of the first events?
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Theoden

I would really like to add a Draft to the schedule (Hero or Minion).

However at this point, I’m still very unsure if I’ll attend (due to the pandemic).
Grishnakh

I like to see that the DC GO Tourney starts earlier on friday. Because always we can't play the 4th round.

Also I missing a CH deck tourney at sunday.

It will be good to have a 1 deck minion tourney too.

All the best,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Qapla

For me scenario tournaments are always cool. I would be happy to see a tournament where you get bonus point for scoring the big cards like Pass the doors of Dol Goldur, Mithril, Fate of the Ithil stone.
HeglumeH QaQ jajvam
Brabo

I usually just go with the flow and don't particularly look forward to any of the scheduled events. Don't know if that makes my views relevant to this conversation or not, but here goes.

GO on Saturday is obviously the 'big event', but everything else is up for debate as far as I'm concerned. I like that there are Hero 1-deck and Challenge Deck events, since those help to get new and/or rusty players to the table with a very low barrier to entry. I also like that there is a Dream Card Challenge Deck event, to help ease people into the Dream Card world without the need to bring a DC deck themselves. The amazing guides Eric made for each of his CD's help a lot also.

I got into MECCG because the game promises grand adventure all over Middle-earth. The design space is unlimited really, as the different sets, and later the wonderful Dream Cards attest to. When I play MECCG, I get as much enjoyment out of what might be, as out the deck I happen to be playing at that moment. This makes me very interested in any events that showcase this sprawling vista of the world the game creates. So here's my +1 for scenario based events. The challenge is probably to organize something where players don't need to prepare decks beforehand, since that is a barrier to entry: the player base is getting older so for many of us life gets in the way of preparation, especially when you're already preparing a deck for GO. :?

So a scenario based event with ready to play decks or some kind of cube format (like Arda) would be ideal for me. :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
Leon

It may not be clear to everybody what Dream Card Cube is (it wasn't to me last time). This is similar to hero pool sealed. Everybody gets a fixed portion and a random portion and makes a deck. Both the fixed and random cards include some Dream Card (nothing too complicated). Last time this was a nice way to play with some Dream Cards, without the complexity of all of it at once. Same for Nico's Dwarven Dream Card Arda.

I do not know if Dream Card Cube should be at the same time as hero sealed, though it will probably attract different players.

Qapla: the scenario you wish for is the Hamburger Scenario Tournament on Saturdays. Hero only, with big scenario's like Pass the Doors of Dol Guldur and Fate of the Ithil-Stone. The points and scenarios will change slightly this year, as developed by the French group.

I will probably play Dream Card Cube, Scenario Tournament and Arda again, like last time.
Taladhan

Hi everybody,
i am fine with any tournaments as long there are the Meccg Saturdaymorning/afternoon - Hamburger Scenario Tournament (4 Rounds) and
Fridayafternoon/evening - Dream Card General Opponent (4 Rounds).
To evaluate the most wished tournaments and days there should be a more defined evaluation about that.
Dongelong
Dongelong
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Khamul the Easterling wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:05 pm I've been thinking about suggesting another/additoinal scenario tournament for years but haven't come forward so far with a specific proposal. With slots becoming available now, I think I should now give it a try. We've had the Mithril tournament some years ago, and I like the idea of different scenarios over the years. Our play group has been testing some scenarios in recent times, mostly from the various players guide, and some of them could go well at Lure, too. Will come back to that with a more specific suggestion soon.
New scenario format? Always welcome! I am curious. Of you get it done till next Lure, any suggestion when you want to have it?
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 am For me this schedule is ok, except hero sealed during the same time lie GO :( But probably you put it there because of number of players. Sunday is too late, especially for 4 rounds tournanemt. But maybe we can do it on Friday, as one of the first events?
Friday is not a good choice. Even with only 3 rounds it wouldne be finished till dinner. And having it in the afternoon AND evening will draw away lots of players from either Hero Sealed or other tourneys in the evening.
It would be easy to exchange it with the Pool Sealed on Sunday, which is basically the same, just without fresh boosters. Even 4 rounds are possible on Sunday.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Theoden wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:54 pm I would really like to add a Draft to the schedule (Hero or Minion).

However at this point, I’m still very unsure if I’ll attend (due to the pandemic).
Well, would be easy to add a Minion Draft on Saturday morning/afternoon, as we used to have in the past. It was always a very small number of players, and the last few years there have not been enough for a tourney, so it was dropped.
Which also means: we miss you ;-)
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Grishnakh wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:21 am I like to see that the DC GO Tourney starts earlier on friday. Because always we can't play the 4th round.

Also I missing a CH deck tourney at sunday.

It will be good to have a 1 deck minion tourney too.

All the best,
Heiko / Grishnakh
No problem for me to change this. But thats mosly up to Nico/Eric, since they are running it.

1deck minion? Really? Never thought about this. The fun of Hero 1 Deck is because of being able to score Lots of MPs in a very short time. Which isnt the casefor minions. But i could be wrong, since i never played. Any experience?

I could add a CH Tourney on Sunday, schedule is still quite light there.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Qapla wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:50 am For me scenario tournaments are always cool. I would be happy to see a tournament where you get bonus point for scoring the big cards like Pass the doors of Dol Goldur, Mithril, Fate of the Ithil stone.
Well, in parts we have this in the Hamburg tourney, and of course in DC with new similar cards (though not as a scnario format). But you are rather suggesting a new format, right? Thing is, that tourneys where players are needed to perpare their own decks, attract a very limited pool of players. But lets see what Christoph is bringing around :)
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Brabo wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:51 pm
So a scenario based event with ready to play decks or some kind of cube format (like Arda) would be ideal for me. :)
Well, we already have a lot of this, now with DC Arena, DC Cube, Pool Sealed, 9 Ringwraiths, Hamburg (Dominique always brings a few ready-to-play extra decks) and Cool Play (given Alex will be there). If you play them all, you will have a hard time to squeeze in your board games ;-)

Return to “Lure of MECCG”