Lure of ME XXI

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Chances are good that also in 2021 a Lure event will take place. Lots of players already registered, we are ready for another Long Expected Party.
You will find all the info about it at the Lure homepage:
https://lureofmiddleearth.com/

This year, however, the event will be a little bit different:

The October weekend is obvious.

Also, we have already spread the info, that there wont be any prizes this year. Thats because in October we are not yet in the cheaper Winter season at the castle, so there are regular room prices. In order not to raise the Lure fee, we decided to do without prizes this year. But also, because getting some prize material takes some efforts (time and money) in advance, and in this year circumstances made things too unpredictable.

then, another player brought up the idea of having Worlds at Lure this year. There is no World Championship planned for 2021 for obvious reasons, which usually takes place in the autemn season. And the usual suspects are already gathered at the castle anyway.
The idea of Lure is a meeting of friends in a relaxed atmosphere to play some games - without focusing too much on competition. Thats why tourneys like Worlds have not been part of Lure in the past. But this year is different, so i would be in for a change, if wanted by the players. Then, the Genereal Opponent tournament on Saturday will be the semifinals (at least 5 rounds), and the top 4 will qualify for finals on Sunday (round robin). Of course at least the winner should be rewarded with the usual One Ring. So there will be a participation fee (10 Euro).
Its not yet decided, lets wait for some reactions first.

I had to make a few changes to the schedule. For example Alex wont be there, so no Cool Play tourneys. Also, I almost ran out of sealed products (especially TW starters), so Sealed tourneys will dwindle and change. Not all of it is confirmed yet, so there might be more changes.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

thorondor wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:18 am
then, another player brought up the idea of having Worlds at Lure this year. There is no World Championship planned for 2021 for obvious reasons, which usually takes place in the autemn season. And the usual suspects are already gathered at the castle anyway.
The idea of Lure is a meeting of friends in a relaxed atmosphere to play some games - without focusing too much on competition. Thats why tourneys like Worlds have not been part of Lure in the past. But this year is different, so i would be in for a change, if wanted by the players. Then, the Genereal Opponent tournament on Saturday will be the semifinals (at least 5 rounds), and the top 4 will qualify for finals on Sunday (round robin). Of course at least the winner should be rewarded with the usual One Ring. So there will be a participation fee (10 Euro).
Its not yet decided, lets wait for some reactions first.
In case we will have Worlds at Lure, of course the official rules will be applied (no special Balrog rule, no German/Lure promo cards)
Kodi
Council Member

Excellent idea! I'm in :P

What would be the schedules for sunday finals? It's for planning back home flight
Last edited by Kodi on Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patric

I would support that, too! ;-)
Tom Bombadonne

Why not. :D
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I would be in!

Over here was a proposal, however, to have Worlds online this year. I don't know if this idea made any progress, though.
Muad'Dib

kodi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:21 am (...)
What would be the schedules for sunday finals? It's for planning back home flight
Kodi, finals usually are finished around 3pm.

Im open for playing Worlds at Lure, its a chance for having biggest number of participants for very long time.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Kodi
Council Member

Thanxs my friend!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:18 pm
kodi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:21 am (...)
Kodi, finals usually are finished around 3pm.
Pawel is quite right. When we start at 9 am, playing 3 rounds with about 2 hours each (including breaks, past&pre game procedures and famous(ly dragging) last rounds), 3 pm is a good guess. Of course if players agree among each of them, we could have Worlds earlier on Sunday (which might be an even more nightmarish idea for Spanish players than not catching the plane)
shadow and flame

Sounds good for me! I would be in.
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Leon

It sounds like a good idea to me. I don't have a strong opinion though, since I will play Hamburger tournament and other side events (as I did at Worlds and Lure the last times).
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

a friend of mine not on this forum supports the idea, too. (I myself abstain, no longer a competitive tournament player ;)
Smaug

Hi Guys, I am ready to take my precious titel back from Patric If Worlds take place at Lure, Great Idea 👍 i am in. See you Heiner
Patric

Smaug wrote:Hi Guys, I am ready to take my precious titel back from Patric If Worlds take place at Lure, Great Idea Image i am in. See you Heiner
Your kidding Image

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Gamling the Old

Never particpated and will feel like the cannon-orcs Sauron will be feeding to the enemy. But me and my son will be in if it is on saterday and sunday (school limits attendance on friday most likely). I have no problem on staying longer on Sunday (even sleep over till monday)

Return to “Lure of MECCG”