Lure of ME XX

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

https://lureofmiddleearth.com/

The Pre-Registration for the Lure of Middle-earth 2020 starts next Saturday!

It is time! The planning for the Lure of Middle-earth 2020 has started. And starting next Saturday you can save your room at castle Stahleck for the weekend. As all the favorite rooms are taken quickly, it pays off to pre-register early for the convention.

We are looking forward to meet you again at the next event!

Yours
Wolfgang und Dominik

You can find all information for registration below:

Lure of Middle-earth XX (2020) – Save the date!
The Lure of Middle-earth runs from 6th till 8th March 2020.
(Early arrival on March 5th is possible.)

How do I pre-register?
You can find all information for pre-registering and the costs on this page. This includes all available rooms, catering and what you have to do, if you are staying outside the castle in a hotel.

When does pre-registration start?
The pre-registration starts on Saturday, September 7th, 8 PM (UTC+2).
You can find the registration page here: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/registration/

What's new in 2020?
We will offer a dormitory for women starting this year. This 6-bedroom will have a private bathroom. Please specify in your registration if you want to stay there.
Starting this year, there will be a new Code of Conduct for the event. Please read it before joining our felllowship.
Please note that it is not allowed to bring your own drinks to the castle, according to the rules of the youth hostel. This is not a change in policy, but we still want to highlight it considering last year. We have also added this information to our Code of Conduct to keep everyone informed.

The Return of the Caleb Grace!
We are proud to announce that LotR LCG Lead Designer Caleb Grace will return to the Lure of Middle-earth. He will join us as a guest of honor at the castle to play games and talk about the game we love. We will also have a copy of his recently announced new game at hand: Marvel Champions. Which is a spiritual predecessor of Lord of the Rings LCG.

Special Event & Tournament Schedule
We already have prepared our event schedule for the upcoming event. You can find the schedule for both games here: https://lureofmiddleearth.com/schedule/
Leon

Could you tell me what the rules are of these tournament formats?
Mixed hero sealed
Hero pool sealed

thanks
Yegor

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

thanks for pointing out, Yegor!
Mixed Sealed is just another regular Sealed Tourney, but the language of boosters/starter is chosen randomly (out of dutch, german, finnish, italian, japanese, french, spansih)
Palistiva

Good Morning!

I am considering going to this event but have a couple of questions.

The Lure is located in Germany, and sadly, I do not speak German. Only English, and enough Spanish to get by. Would this be a show stopper for an event of this type?

Are their still rooms available?

It would take a bit to get there, as I would have to fly in from the United States.

Ken
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Hi Ken!
You are very welcome!
English is no problem at all. In fact, players are from many different countries, so English is the common language during the event anyway.
Right now the castle is full, but most likely a spot will become available again. Just note, that it will be a dormitory. The castle is run as a youth hostel. Some prefer privacy, so they go to one of the hotels nearby (in walking distance).
I really hope you can make it.
Wolfgang
Moriquendi

Palistiva wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 pm Good Morning!

I am considering going to this event but have a couple of questions.

The Lure is located in Germany, and sadly, I do not speak German. Only English, and enough Spanish to get by. Would this be a show stopper for an event of this type?

Are their still rooms available?

It would take a bit to get there, as I would have to fly in from the United States.

Ken
A couple of us from the Colorado MECCG group will be at Lure this year as well. If you're not able to find lodging, let me know. I might be able to work something out with the hotel I have booked in town. Would be great to see you there.

-Kendan
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I enjoyed the event so much this year! Big Thanks to everyone involved in organizing it!!
So happy it could take place, one week before Corona changed everything. Hoping everyone had a safe trip home.

Return to “Lure of MECCG”