Lure XX - The Quiz

The largest MECCG convention worldwide, located at an atmospheric castle in the heart of Europe. No important tournaments or championships are played at the Lure. Instead innovative ways to play our game are offered.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Anyone interested could participate in a quiz during LureXX. As it was the 20th anniversary, there were 20 questions of varying difficulty to be answered.

For those of you interested, here's the quiz again - and the solutions! Total number of points was 25, the winner scored about 20. Most of your scored roughly around 10. Hope you've enjoyed it :)
Attachments
LureQuiz-Solutions.pdf
(24.14 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
LureQuiz.pdf
(27.73 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Theo

Hobbit could conceivably defeat the attack associated with permanent event Spider of the Morlat worth 4 MP. At least, until actual documentation overruling MEBA such as a vote in the next ARV! But here I saddle an already taxidermied horse...

Thanks for sharing!
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Very nice quiz. Got 15,5 points (maybe 16,5, see below).

Some remarks:

4) what about the Fallen Wizard versions of "Gandalf"? shouldn't be the correct answer 17?
10) taking characters taken prisoner into account it would be much more (character) cards :wink:
12) I think the solution is incorrect. Tidings of Death was forgotten, so 4 should be correct.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Thank you, Shapeshifter, for pointing out the mistakes. I'm sorry about these (however, wouldn't have changed the results as the winner was 3-4 points ahead of the one who came second)
You're right about #4 and #12. #10 should have been more specific in that "as by their card text" should've been added. Sorry to everyone for any confusion.
Yegor

Smaug is actually red-golden: "There he lay, a vast red-golden dragon, fast asleep" (The Hobbit. Inside Information).

The Witch-king does have a helm: "...upon their grey hairs were helms of silver", "The third was taller than the others: his hair was long and gleaming and on his helm was a crown." (FOTR. A Knife in the Dark).

Still, thank you for a very enjoyable quiz.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Smaug: Agree. However, I don't find the Deitrick illustration looks like a "red-golden" dragon.

Witch-king: Yes, the Witch-king bears a crown. Yet his hair can still be seen, and they had "white faces ... with keen and merciless eyes" (LotR I), but these features are not depicted on neither the Witch-king nor his ringwraith equivalent card.

Thanks for your comments, happy you've enjoyed it anyway! :D
moorgull

In my book the hobbit and Sam who argue in the Green Dragon is Ted Sandyman, not Tim Digiman

Return to “Lure of MECCG”