Which sets are best for ARDA?

CCG Collector

Yangtze2000 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:37 am :idea: There could be some kind of Storytelling/ Raconteur skill for some appropriate characters that you can use to entertain and engage a Dragon in conversation to prevent attack?
This card kind of does that:
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Yangtze2000

Thanks! Interesting call, but... I'm not sure I like the entirety of this card. It seems neither does GG, since none feature in his Arda deck.

So, you jump me with Smaug. I play Riddling Talk on one of the Characters in my Company. I roll and make the required 8+. But I now have to guess one of the cards in your hand in order to cancel Smaug?

I suppose if you've shared decklists with your opponents, or you're playing a smallish Arda deck, you might have a fighting chance. But otherwise I can't see how this card isn't dead in the water.

Without the guessing game, this card does everything I'd want it to. Does anyone see a problem with deleting everything between (but not including) "...Trolls; then..." and "...the creature's..."?
Goblin King

Your ARDA deck so play the cards any way you want to. I know Joe, the creator of ARDA had several cards that were altered and customized for his game. One of the points of Gandalf Gene's game was to play cards as printed (and as the official errata dictates). It does not include Riddle Game but it does include Flattery. Flattery has saved my bacon many times from a dragon and so has Not at Home.
The hazards in Gandalf Gene's deck are dragons, Nazgul, orcs trolls, and men as well as corruption. There's no particular reason he avoided undead. It just felt like there was no need to add them. They still exist at site locations which is more appropriate for undead anyhow. The hazards are well-balanced. He absolutely avoided roadblock (except for 3 copies of River) because the last thing you want to do in a 5 player game is slow it down.
Yangtze2000

Flattery and Not at Home duly noted as ways to ruin a Dragon's day! :D
Goblin King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:09 amYour ARDA deck so play the cards any way you want to.
Oh sure, but I just wondered if anyone could see a mechanical difficulty with deleting the guessing game from Riddling Talk. I can't see that there would be, but still.
CCG Collector

Goblin King wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:09 amIt does not include Riddle Game but it does include Flattery. Flattery has saved my bacon many times from a dragon and so has Not at Home.
Ah, Flatter a Foe was the card I was trying to remember. My first thought was The Riddle Game, but that was even less relevant than Riddling Talk.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

Return to “Arda”