Publishing the ME:AS and ME:WH Player Guides

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

tyhjaarpa

As the for the next print would it be possible to print Against the Shadow and The White Hand Player's Guides? I think it would be really cool to have those printed on the same quality as the other books if that is possible.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Hmm, I can consider that, as long as it's just adding some card images to the available text. Still a lot of work, though.

As I recall the text did not impress me overly, but it was like 20 years ago when I last read it.
All depends on the interest there is in such a project, but if we can save some cash and reach some synergy doing all together, sure why not?

btw. we might need some help from Finnish players to check if what we write for Northern Waste is not in some way insulting or total nonsense, as I understand much of the names in The Northern Waste are derived from Finnish? ;-)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
tyhjaarpa

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:32 pm Hmm, I can consider that, as long as it's just adding some card images to the available text. Still a lot of work, though.

As I recall the text did not impress me overly, but it was like 20 years ago when I last read it.
All depends on the interest there is in such a project, but if we can save some cash and reach some synergy doing all together, sure why not?

btw. we might need some help from Finnish players to check if what we write for Northern Waste is not in some way insulting or total nonsense, as I understand much of the names in The Northern Waste are derived from Finnish? ;-)
I haven't gone the player's books through too well myself either as I just recently found them and haven't had much time but I think they would be nice addition for the existing books if it would be possible to print them.

As for spell checking for the NW I can volunteer to read them trough and give my insight if there are any mistakes or inappropriate texts.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
gollum51

Great idea. I would love professionally printed AtS and WH guides. But nothing is free in life. If Thorsten works on this, he will not be working on DC, which would be a shame. But maybe someone else with the right skills can volunteer to do the editing to save his time.
Is it worth starting a new topic?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

mod: split from topic: Poll: which expansion should be next?

anybody with tips, ideas and offers to help on this project, feel free to post here!
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Kjeld

My recollection is that both of these guides are limited in content, and much of it may be outdated by this point. They provide no lore, and the content is limited to discussion of strategy for each fallen-wizard, a brief review of each card, and some general strategy points at the end. There are no suggested deck-lists, no scenarios, nor any other value-added or flavor content. All this is to say that, to get them anywhere on par with the very high bar set by the three DC player guides will be a significant amount of work!
CDavis7M

I agree. They are basically a collection of CotDs only worse.

If I was on the planning committee I wouldn't divert resources to these. Especially since Against the Shadow has many minion cards corresponding to hero cards that were already covered. But to create a legitimate guide for them would be painstaking considering the payoff.
Trotter

Finally we are getting the guides printed!!
Trotter was my name ere I was conceived as Man

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”