Keeper of the Passage

Moderators: Thorsten the Traveller, Vastor Peredhil

kober

Keeper of the Passage wrote:Place this card in your MP. Whenever Círdan’s company defeats an attack from a hazard creature keyed to a Coastal Sea [C] region or site therein (by type or name), or from a manifestation of Eärcaraxë or Gondring, place the defeated creature (or event) with this card. If there are 3 or more hazards placed with this card (or any one unique hazard), it gives MP equal to the combined MP of the cards placed with it (to a maximum of 5).
A defeated Earcaraxe manifestation gives 1 MP to an Elf-lord. How many MPs would Keeper of the Passage give if Earcaraxe was the only hazard placed with KotP - one or four?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

none, as you need 2 more creatures (or Gondring manifestation), to make sense with a dragon creature you might want to include "A Merrier World"

yours Nicolai
kober

Well, hard to argue with the creator, but when I read "If there are 3 or more hazards placed with this card (or any one unique hazard), my understanding would be that a single unique creature (that meets the playability requirements) would be sufficient to trigger KotP.

Regardless, how many MPs would KotP give if I had Earcaraxe and two Watcher in the Water (that were keyed to [-me_cs-]) on it?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

seems you got me there,

so what I was trying to say was, without "A Merrier World" even a unique dragon under it, will max. grant you 1 additional point, since the dragon is not worth 4 MP but only 1

yours Nicolai
kober

Got it. Thanks!

Return to “News, Issues, Questions”