Khamul Deck: Darkness over Mirkwood

zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

The victory conditions are:

R1: Spread the plague: Play A Malady Without Healing on an opponent's character.
R2: Dominate Woodmen-town: Place Woodmen-town "off to the side" with Long Grievous Siege played on Beornings.
R3: Use their wicked ways: Play Blasting Fire at Sarn Goriwing and use it at a Free-hold.
R4: Burn the eagles: Succesfully play Smoke on the Wind at Eagle's Eyrie.
R5: Strike them with fear: Return a character to its site of origin using Choking Shadows with Seized by Terror.
R6*: Darkness Over Mirkwood: Succesfully play Smoke on the Wind at Rhosgobel using Khamul's company (win).

[starting] (at Dol Guldur)
Khamul the Ringwraith
The Grimburgoth
Euog (Ulzog)
Odoacer
Taladhan
Open to the Summons
Open to the Summons

[sideboard]
Long Grievious Siege
To Satisfy the Questioner
Smoke on the Wind

[characters]
Indur the Ringwraith
Dwar the Ringwraith
Tros Hesnef

[resources]
Beornings*
Black Horse
Black Horse
Black Horse
Steeds
Steeds
The Tormented Earth
The Tormented Earth
The Tormented Earth
I'll Report You
Dark Tryst
Dark Tryst
Dark Tryst
Voices of Malice
Voices of Malice
Weigh All Things to a Nicety
Sable Shield
Blasting Fire
Blasting Fire
Broad-headed Spear
Broad-headed Spear
Deeper Shadow
Deeper Shadow
Join With That Power
Join With That Power
Join With That Power
Under His Blow
A Malady Without Healing
Smoke on the Wind
Smoke on the Wind

[hazards]
Slayer
Slayer
Doubled Vigilance
Eyes of the Shadow
Power Built by Waiting
An Unexpected Outpost
An Unexpected Outpost
Many Sorrows Befall
Peril Returned
Peril Returned
Seized by Terror
Seized by Terror
Carrion Feeders
Orc-watch
Orc-watch
Uruk-lieutenant
Uruk-lieutenant
Uruk-lieutenant
Hobgoblins*
Hobgoblins*
Orc-lieutenant
Hobgoblins*
Choking Shadows
Choking Shadows
Choking Shadows
Doors of Night
Doors of Night
Siege
Twilight*
Twilight*

Strategy:

Your main sites are Dol Guldur, Sarn Goriwing, Eagle’s Eyrie, Beorn’s House, and Rhosgobel. You might play some major item at Buhr Widu or some other nearby site.

The main company goes out to achieve VPs, while Khamul gathers his Rw-company getting Black Horses for all. If needed, Khamul’s company may also ride out to get VPs, but his main function is sideboarding and the winning VP*. Be careful not to have Khamul’s Horse killed, as that will destroy your entire Rw-company.

If you have a good chance of CvCC with the main company, do so especially after you have gathered enough VPs. Try to keep a Tormented Earth in hand if you think opponent might attack your company, then give all his characters -3 prowess or cancel the attack.

The best use for Steeds is with Deeper Shadow, bringing the HL very low.

Note that Sable Shield makes facing detainment attacks easy (character won’t tap and no roll for shield required).

Use Join With That Power for a corruption check if needed, but try to have two in hand when going for Beornings.

MARK:

First problem: Chance of Being Lost is not playable against minions.... Radagast needs a new hazard VP, or we need to break the rules....

Also, Malady? Shouldn't that be saved for a ringwraith who knows shadow magic?

MIKKO:

Why would Chance of Being Lost not be playable against minions? I thought it would be perfect since FW's location deck has both hero and minion sites.

I made this deck according to Greg's list of eight decks set against each other. There was no other RW decks on that list. Replacing Malady VP with for example attacking/influencing with Khamul's company is not a problem. But I do want to see Malady in some deck.

...and VP replaced! Smile

KRIS:

CARD EFFECT LIMITATIONS
Certain cards from the original MECCG are inappropriate for play against MELE decks. The following cards will have no effect on a Ringwraith player. This is because the mechanism of the cards do not work with the mechanics of Ringwraith companies, or their effects is too powerful against a Ringwraith company.

>From ME: The Wizards
Bane of the Ithil-stone
Foul Fumes
Mûmak
The Nazgûl are Abroad

>From ME: The Dragons
Winds of Wrath
Worn and Famished

>From ME: Dark Minions
all events that require an agent
The Black Enemy's Wrath
Chance of Being Lost
Great Secrets Buried There
In the Heart of His Realm
Mordor in Arms

MIKKO:

CRF: Rulings by Term: Card Effect Limitations:

Quote:
Chance of Being Lost and Winds of Wrath: You may play these cards against any opponent who is using the same type of location deck (hero sites or minion sites) as yourself.

So FW could play it vs. any opponent, no?

KRIS:

Hmmm, technically, FW doesn't use the same type of location deck as a minion, as he also uses FW specific sites & hero sites
http://www.alfanos.org

Return to “ICD Development”