753-play Azog

dirhaval

This player was the best overall through 16 turns. He gained 28 MPs and exhausted first on Turn
9, which was the only player to exhaust prior to Turn 10. It was nice when Azog came into play
early on Turn 4. Hurog was plyed on Turn 12, which was delayed due to general influence limits.
As of now, the three unique Orcs must visit Carn Dum to get the right companies made. He has
earned 4 Game Points.

Two characters were killed at Lairs from the automatic-attacks. This lead to a change in the deck
to may be visit one Lair. Do not be scared; enter a lair if you dare by path or stair if you want the
treasure share.

More creatures played against this player may leave the small companies tapped for the site
phase. Orc Quarrels and Crept Along Cleverly used every time. Iron Mountains was never used.
Mainly due to having only Bolg as the only Ranger in the company. 11 of the starting resources
were discarded for no effect during the first deck, which is average.

The company’s were successful tapping 13 sites. Three Lairs were tapped after three turns! Now,
the Orcs will focus on playing dragon factions and taking hero characters prisoner.
It was a crime on the low number of hazards played against this player.
Cave-worm attacked on Turn 7 followed by Corlagon, but it was fizzled with Twilight.
The Eriador and Northern Waste Divisions both played two hazards!
Orc creatures were played often. Seven of the 18 creatures have been killed including all Orc-
Warriors. Orc-Archers were discarded two out of five tries mainly due to lacking the creature in
hand. The Back Door was discarded twice. Two or Three Tribes Present were discard all six
times in hand. Left Behind was exchanged during the exhaust and all three discarded in a few
turns to start the second deck.

Overall, this player was successful with small companies, but was lucky with a flake of hazards.
dirhaval

OVERVIEW
My assessment is positive for this shape-shifting player. First, the MEBA Bolg was in play, then
I used the MEDF character, which is better. I decided to not use MEBA non-unique orcs to show
some love to the MELE orcs. 27 MPs were earned including Scatha Roused being unplayable
after the dragon’s death. This player was one of the few that exhausted thrice thanks to all the
permanent-events. No faction battles were fought. Six CvCC were fun. This player tapped all
three sites in the Grey Mountains by Turn 4. That is crazy; he faced no creatures until Turn 5.
Orc Quarrels and Crept Along Cleverly cancelled 15 attacks. Bolg never wounded! I liked
having high prowess minions (9, 7, 9, 6) trekking without fear. Hazards were thinly played
against Radagast and other Wilderland Division players. 28 creatures now will change that.
+
MAJOR NEWS
Two Warlord’s were made. I made a goof about putting three leaders at a non-haven site. I think
the rules lawyer was on lunch break when that happened. That means I made a blunder how to
play Hurog and stay under 21 GI. The good news is that Hurog is now with Scatha, so the third
leader for this player has 5 mind. With Scatha now an avatar two other Roused factions were
selected (Corlagon, Bairanax). Yes, those two will die eventually, but it helps the minions avoid
CvCC with two valuable cancellers removed.
+
STATS
89 strikes were rolled for this player with 39 strikes rolled for last 6 turns. 18 body checks
resulted in eight casualties. Only 19 corruption checks made. A Few Trusty Lads was used 16x to
access the sideboard. Radagast also had the same MPs.
+
This player face 20 creatures from 63 hazards, but 4 were agent actions. Radagast played 19
hazards. Creatures included Huorn, Men of the Woods x3, Old Man Willow, Ents in Search.
There were 41 moving companies and 60 total companies. Average hazard limit was 2.60; that is
average. About 106 regions were moved through. 24 regions were Wilderness. 31 Shadow-lands
and 34 Dark-domains. This was a reason of facing few creatures. Only 6 movements were greater
than three regions.
+
63 hazards were played by Bolg, 0 were agents – 6 on Radagast. Stormcrow was close in
discarding Pass the Doors of Dol Guldur.
+
DECK PLAY
First deck exhausted on Turn 9. Turn 8 ended with 18 cards in deck. Second deck exhaust on
Turn 18. Deck three exhausted on Turn 23. 17 non-Lordhaven sites were tapped. First deck
shuffled9 cards and drew a low ? cards/turn. Second deck shuffled 11 cards and drew 9.8
cards/turn. Third deck shuffled 8 cards and drew 13 cards/draw. Deck 4 ended with 57 in the
deck, shuffled 0 cards and drew 11 cards/turn.
+
CHARACTER PLAY
Bolg had 9 prowess for a long time. This kept him unwounded against 16 strikes. He wounded
Beorn, Elite Wose Hunter, killed Wacho, Warlord was not played until Turn 14 when
Sons of Kings played. He made me feel like a tough guy with no fear once many dragons
were dead.
Azog, was another strong player. His seven prowess was useful against 10 strikes, but was
wounded twice. He killed Elite Wose Hunter, wounds Pearth and wounded by Beorn. He
failed to influence Scatha using Orc-Cuirass with a 12 check. He began to wear that
armour for good after Turn 16.
Hurog was played on Turn 12, but been in hand for three turns. It was tough trying to play this
seven mind with two other high-minders in play. Thus, it is best to given Hurog to
another player. That is why it is smart to have another dragon-lord. His tapping to give +1
prowess helped two characters tie in CvCC. He was wounded by Greenleaf with a 2 roll.
Having Mauhur in play will not make a difference except not having another Sage for
Voices of Malice.
Brawler, one copy rolled 14 strikes. Give that orc a pint. While wounded defeated a strike from
Carrion Feeders, defeated a strike from Thranduil’s Folk and a 14 prowess Huorn strike.
He had Broad-headed Spear to tie Radagast; the bc for the wizard was going to be 10.
Gabmog tapped to face two strikes from the Long Peak site. A bc roll of 10 did him in. The death
cause me to play Azog earlier than desired.
Two characters never played. Now, with resource cancellers missing. More characters will be
killed. Four were killed. I expect now 10 to be killed. Scatha now will influence away characters.
Last edited by dirhaval on Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirhaval

Going okay; slow on card draw.
Many MPs however.
Some good strike rolls. Shaman with the power.
Faced Hero Gondor Division. Two orc factions played and one ally.
His Carrion birds kills Caerlinc.
Mount Gundabad is in discard pile, so using Carn Dum now.
Facing Harad Division now.
Attachments
1753-Bolg-3_ulukai.pdf
first 6 turrns
(365.71 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Return to “Showcase”