647-Lomaw_Demons

dirhaval

This Dragon-Lord remembers the First Age where there was no Moon or Sun. He wandered the North Seas while the War of Wrath sent Beleriand to the seas.
Lomaw is a grey-white Ice-drake from Collarmount in Talath Oiohelka. This wyrm is not the wisest, smartest, or craftiest of the Dragons of the North.
He makes it up through wit and riddling using words as sublime as the chilled water that he roams.
Isolation is a factor to Lomaw's success. Fights of rivals among the fire-drakes are found in the Grey Mountains
and winged-drakes are fond of more common food sources where the Tundra ends and plains begin.
This advantage provides the secret knowledge to whisper words for gaining the aid of other dwellers of the ice and snow.

Dragons and demon will plague those in Deep Wilderness or Double Shadow-lands. Were-worms will discard an item forcing
that card to be in hand again allowing the item to be discarded again in a riddle game. The lands will be withered
and the bonds of winter think on the land. Panic will be on those facing the harsh Fell Winters of Middle-Earth driving them into dank holes with Pit Traps.

This player is in the Northern Waste Division opposing Alatar.

Lomaw's long term goal is to find a new lair closer to Ekkaia. Either he will lay waste to the Illuin Mountains settlements or move west.
He might move to the Sea of Rhun instead. The Free Peoples' homesteads will be reduced to twigs and ash from the Army of the Ice-Drake.
Last edited by dirhaval on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dirhaval

Of course, I updated the deck after modifying the other Dragon-lords.
Now much has changed. Ulukai of Morgoth is now given to Scatha. The travel to Gundabad is
bad enough,but now Share the Treasure is included to cancel any Dwarf attack. The site to
play the item is Framsburg. I added Memories of Old Torture and Deadly Dart.

Claws Sharpened was given to this player. Mode cards are Dragon's Dream,
Hunger, and Roaming.

The hazard deck lost a dragon, but gained Black Crows and Wound of Long Burden.
Nine non-unique creatures can use that hazard event. I am tempted to switch
Canadras in this deck for Felagrog's Khuzadrepa only due to body difference.
Felagrog has Prowess and Might and I do not like him having a 9 body dragon creature.

What I like about this deck
I like the use of direct influence as a weapon from the avatar. A minion can also
gain an advantage with Iron Crown. Riddling and Offering attempts are included too.
This is a non-combat deck that would be sweeten if it could. The hazard deck is
a Wilderness generating machine planting foul creatures. Only two creatures lack a body stat.
There will be one covert and one overt company. Not much tapping is needed outside the site phase.

What I do not like about this deck.
It seems off-character for Lomaw to play many factions. There are many moving parts.
The many factions have high prices for play. A few failures can freeze the deck.
Lomaw has low stats of 8 prowess and 8 body. He will need a guard, which is why Eloeklo is included.
That means the ally must be played by the avatar, so Hunger must have its use by the third deck.
There are no characters with a mind greater than 6. Thought about Baduilia and Dragon Mindbend.
dirhaval

Few changes for such an old wyrm who knows the ways of annotations of ages past.

That new jewel, Zaugthrakash, added with the new staff Throqu-pral.
Iron Crown given to Smaug for Rage Past Description.
New animal ally Querulous Gorcrow added.

Deck file at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4778&p=40983

Return to “Showcase”