112-Fate-Rules

dirhaval

R025-Power Deck Movement

UPDATE 10-2016
Starter movement is prohibited.
Normal maximum region movement is set to 3 and flying movement is set to 4 regions.

All effects that reduces movement are thus changed.

Ex. No Way Forward normally reduces movement by one region.
Doors of Night reduces it further to two regions minimum.

Now, Doors of Night reduces movement to one region minimum.

OLD.....4 regions......NWF....3 regions.......NWF with DON....2 regions
NOW....3 regions......NWF....2 regions.......NWF with DON....1 region

If the number of regions is modified to zero, then the company cannot use region or mountain movement that turn.
If the modification is modified below zero, then hit the reset button.

In addition,
Positive modifiers to region movement max at 3 regions total.

Ex. Frodo with the One Ring and Sam are at Rivendell. He cannot move to Lorien in one turn using region movement.
He wants to move to Beorn's House. No Way Forward reduces this to two regions. Sam uses Elven Rope to move to Beorn's House.
Even discarding Twice-baked Cakes still maximizes movement three regions.

Faction movement using region movement is also reduced.
Normal Maximum set to 3 regions for the Power Decks, but normal is two regions.

MOTIVATION: I want the Power Deck to last several turns.
dirhaval

R026-Army the Dead. Part. 1

The following applies to this faction.

1. No prowess, no body; just spirit
2. Invincible
3. Cannot move from a region with an enemy faction in the same region
4. No faction is immune to this faction
5. Immune to hazards unless the hazard specifically mentions this faction by name
6. At the start of a faction battle with this faction:
.........all non-unique enemy factions become wounded in the same region.
.........all factions of the same alignment become tap if untapped.
.........controller of Army of the Dead must select up to six unique enemy factions to eliminate immediately.

Once six factions have been eliminated by Army of the Dead as noted above, place Army of the Dead in your MP pile.
dirhaval

R027 Gollum and the Power Decks.

Stinker cannot be in play during the Power Decks.
Black Players cannot have My Precious in their Power Decks.

NOTE:
I rather have the battle of keeping Gollum in play or to find the wretched ally.
Also to allow a Grey Player to use My Precious.

[I might bar the player that kills the slimy thing from having a Power Deck,
so to keep Gollum alive for the rest of the game.]
dirhaval

R028 Non-uniques Characters in the Power Deck

Hero Players in the Power Decks cannot play any non-unique characters
Fallen-wizards in the Power Decks cannot play any non-unique hero characters
Lord players cannot play non-uniques of those of a different race

NOTE:
I want to encourage keeping uniques in play and also to add strategy
during the Avatar Decks to kill unique characters.
dirhaval

R029 They Ride Together Permanency

The minion event They Ride Together will be permanently in play
for each Ringwraith company during the Warlord Phase.

I want to have two Ringwraith companies that will not be delayed
by playing one such character per turn. Using Dark Riders and They
Ride Together is a solution. But I feel that will take too long
to manifest and the slots for the Avatar Deck is too much.

Thus, I will allow the Lidless Eye player play as many Ringwraiths characters
are in his hand. Such a rule may prove too powerful. Playtesting will reveal this.
I need to hold on playing the characters so the Nazgul can be played.

Now, may be I need to allow Gandalf player to make a new Warlord deck himself
like the Necromancer? Oh dear. Not another deck. Just like Bilbo with all these dwarves
knocking on his door.
dirhaval

R030 Nazgul hazards may be played if its character manifestation is also in play

Obviously, both cards are uniques. This rule may be too powerful, so it
can be easily removed. This rule is only applicable during the Warlord Phase
and with the Lidless Eye player.

The details is that the hazard can be played as a permanent-event and later
tapped with the character manifestation in play ONLY if the character is at a darkhaven,
Barad-dur, or home site and unwounded.

The hazard effect/card is discarded if the character moves or becomes wounded.
This rule has nothing about playing the hazard as a creature.
dirhaval

R031 Nazgul creature may be played on conditions if its character manifestation is in play

Updated 04-16-2015, in bold, based on comments about this rule.

Obviously, both cards are uniques. This rule may be too powerful, so it
can be easily removed. This rule is only applicable during the Warlord Phase
and with the Lidless Eye player.

The creature can be played as a creature with its character manifestation in play
at a darkhaven, home site, or Barad-dur and unwounded
AND any hazard effect being used to play the creature must match the mode of the character if any
AND the region or site keyed must have the nearest Darkhaven as the Ringwraith's current nearest Darkhaven
or surface site.

For example:
Ren the RIngwraith is at Dol Guldur unwounded in no mode. Ren the Unclean can attack
as a creature that uses no hazard event that is aligned with a mode such as Morgul-horse, Fell Beast, Black Riders
or Out of the Black Sky to either Sulfer-Deeps, keyed to a region with sites listing Dol Guldur as the Nearest Darkhaven
such as Anduin Vales, or to a site that lists Dol Guldur as the nearest Darkhaven such as Buhr Widu.

If Ren the Ringwraith was in Black Rider mode, then Morgul-horse can be used to allow Ren the Unclean to attack keyed to a Shadow-land
but cannot use Fell Beast or Out of the Black Sky.

Playtesting will yield the correct route of this rule.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

What's the rationale behind R031? Shortage of hazards, or you simply consider it a pity that in FATE so many unique creatures cannot be encountered? If the latter, why distinguish between Nazgul and Maia (or others)?

The doubling of Dragon manifestations could be argued by saying they essentially remain in the same area, though Dragon's Desolation/Rumor of Wealth can take them virtually everywhere. But Ren sitting at Dol Guldur and then attacking at Amaru or Lugdruong, isn't that a bit weird? And what if he (the creature) gets killed?

You do make me think about allowing to play AND use a Nazgul/Maia/Lord as event (in 1 chain of effects), counting 2 against HL, if the character manifestation is in play.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

The latest two rules R030 and R031 were new in the making - this week.
Over ten years ago I did not want such possibilities, but now things have changed.

While making the Lidless Eye deck I realized there will not be many instances of
playing the Nazgul even against other players besides Gandalf and his Ringbearer.
Yes, I know that such a thing of all Nine abroad together under their Fell Captain
was a thing to happen only a thrice? or twice? in the Third Age. I do not want to
rain down Nazgul on our heroes.

My rational was to allow a few Nazgul to be played as creatures to have a chance
of using support hazards such as Black Breath. Playtesting will reveal an over-power
to the dark side. I was thinking of in the Book that the Ringwraiths seemed to
separate into many small groups or lone riders. This was the key to having
a Nazgul to be played while his character was at a darkhaven.

...a Ringwraith was sent up the Green-way while the Captain waited at the Crossroads?
This lone Ringwraith cannot happen in my game unless there are no other minions in play
to support 9 mind under GI. That was the trigger for Rule R031.

About other hazards like Dragon/Maia. I rather not introduce them to this rule, since the Ringwraiths
are highly restrictive in movement. I would like for each Ringwraith on average to be in two CvCCs and
seven Nazgul events on average to be played in eight turns without these two new rules. The Ringwraiths and Nazgul can be turned
on other players if the Ringbearer will be hidden such as in the Under-deeps, in a Coastal Sea, or in regions
far from the three main Darkhavens. Again, this will only apply for eight turns and these rules are new.
I will definitely play test them.

Yes, it is odd that a Ringwraith can sit at Carn Dum and its Nazgul manifestation attack far, far away. I think that I forgot to add
that the creature must be keyed so it is the nearest darkhaven of the character's current darkhaven site. The idea
was while the character is "waiting" he might be sent on an errand as like up the Green-way as displayed by playing the creature.
Can this be applied to other unique creatures? I guess it can, but I rather not go there unless only do so during this Warlord phase
and limitations in place such as site of the character. But this is fate, there is room for anything.

If the creature is killed, then the Ringwraith will be removed from play. Such an allowance risks the prized Ringwraith to be
killed by a woman.
dirhaval

R032 Thorsten the Traveller may contribute by providing new rules
dirhaval

R033-Cards that are considered trophies can be carried over to the Power Decks and not count
towards Game Points or as sideboard cards.

Note: I want to encourage the playing of trophies during the Avatar Deck so to boost character stats.

Clarification:
A minion can have trophies from killed characters or creatures. Such trophies will not count as sideboard
cards for the Power Deck since the cards are already in play. For example. A Power Deck can be made
that it mirrors exactly like an Avatar Deck. The player decides to start with just three starting items
and three stage resources and other non-character cards in play but trophies. But the Power Deck starting company has each orc with two trophies won
earlier in the Avatar Decks. These trophies do not count towards anything like Game Points or cards.

Hero resources such as Valour in Battle is a "trophy" so it too falls under this rule. But Proven in Battle is not a trophy,
so it must be considered as a "sideboard" card for the Power Decks.

No trophies can be transferred after the Councils like items can be transferred. But trophies can be transferred during normal play
so to load a character with multiple trophies for the Power Decks. Now, I cannot remember if trophies can be transferred.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

nope one cannot transfere trophies, but some items as the Trophy-belt help using them

yours Nicolai
dirhaval

Thank you. I went to the meccg.net site last night for the MELE rules.
Trophies cannot be transferred. I wonder if a new rule is needed for a player
to allow a weaker overt character to attack a leader in the company. A kill by weaker
means he becomes a leader with the leader as a trophy? Okay, that is role-playing with no place here.
I can dream though.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

As in real life, it's bad karma to get rid of your trophies :wink:
However, they can be stolen, or lost, or picked up. Perhaps that's one way to go (as we do with the Trophy-belt). Having your own characters fight over trophies seems bit inefficient though.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

R034-Agents in play as agents have a mechanism to be discarded by non-White Player controller

During a game a player may decide he needs more characters since his non-agent characters
have been sacked. The new card Some Devilry at Work is a mechanism to discard an agent
but the requirements are high in my opinion. So here is a new rule to discard an agent of yours.
White Players have a resource to turn a grey agent into a character.

A face-up agent at the nearest Darkhaven of one of his home sites can be discarded.
This is a new agent action counting one against the hazard limit.

If this rule is too strong, then how about the nearest Darkhaven of the first listed home site?

Return to “Showcase”