675-Elves of Evermist

dirhaval

The Elves of Evermist have a mission to heal the hurt in the Northern Waste.
Many artifacts from the Vala Yavanna were hidden in the lands of the Northern Waste.
All but four have been found by the Elves of Evermist lead by Nestador, healing mentor to Elrond.

These four Tears must be found before the End of the Age. Guidance from Radagast is necessary
before you find the first Tear. The greatest of the Palantiri will aid you in your quest. How it
washed down the Anduin and up the coasts not even the Wise know. Your friends are those native the lands of the tundra and snow.

Elves of Evermist are in the Northern Waste Division with Alatar, Dain II and Thorin II.
Their main hazard opponent is Durlach, Bane of the North - a balrog of Morgoth. :twisted:

Palantir of Osgiliath is the main item for this player. It can mimic the abilities of the other seeing-stones
that you hope the other heroes will have in play so to fetch resources or hazards.
It will take three turns to play a Tear:
1-play Vision Path on elf, move to site with Information, then invert it during the site phase;
2-move to a Ruins in NW to play Tear;
3-move to Evermist, store Tear during site phase.

A roll is needed to play a Tear so it is possible to not fulfill this mini-quest the first opportunity,
which is why Far-sight is included.

The deck has been modified since the last time posted by adding Friends of Winter resource.
When the three NW man factions are in play by you, all Border-holds allow Information. This
will allow you to invert Vision Path at a relatively safe location so you have more selection
to play a Tear. The other company will play Far-sight and gather minor items to transfer
to the other company, and to draw cards.

The deck assumes that Keeper of the Lodge allows the elf to tap to place 3 resources from the sideboard
into the discard pile, else it is impossible to get that many resources into the second play deck.
Thank Vastor on getting the Tear mission cards in great shape...except for the action I just described above :)
Enjoy the deck! There are two "template" turns for choosing the use the master Palantir with Wielded Twice or Marvels Told.
Last edited by dirhaval on Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
dirhaval

Nothing major was changed. I added better summary. I removed Riddling Game.
The hazard deck is present with a summary.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I must say William, even if these decks will never see action (in real life), or a FATE40 game will not happen, I really enjoy reading your files and the stories behind them. And it's clear you have inmersed yourself in the DC world, and you got a good grip on it in no time. The meccg masters should nominate you for the deckbuilders Nobel prize! :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

Thank you for the praise Thorsten. Those that made the Dream cards and those that will play this game at Worlds or on GCCG are those I praise.
Praise for the praise worthy is high indeed! I recall the complex themes in Great Wyrms, but it has been simplified. I could not have helped much.
I enjoy writing about the decks and documenting the strategy. I do something similar with my job. Also, my
Excel skills are kept fresh.
Do remember that my decks can be unwieldy with too many resources to play for MPs or the idea of discarding the entire
starting company for others is time consuming. I like to see how that style plays in a game.
At the moment I reviewing the minion decks, then I will play test the two DragonLord decks.
dirhaval

This deck was fun to play with small companies hiding behind ice and under snow. The Resource saw little change. But the strategy includes harassing with riddles Durlach at his Darkhaven. Deck file located in first thread.

Changes to the deck after the full practice game are discussed below.
+
The deck shuffled many cards using Pipe and Smoke Rings. Durlach’s wounded minions avoided
the hero characters allowing storing three Tears of Yavanna. Not much was changed. Sideboard
resources were reduced to 25 to meet the new standard.
The only character change was adding Shipwright. He is an extra Sage with a nearby home site.
+
No change to the items or other table cards.
+
One copy of Marvels Told removed; the palantir can remove hazards. Another copy of Vision
Path removed since Rituals will be fetched by Keeper of the Lodge. Memories Recalled replaces
Lost Tome, which can be fetched by the palantir (Sage only). Another copy of Not At Home
added since two sites have Drake attacks and two have Troll attacks. Eithel Morgoth is targeted
just to tell Riddles. Not At Home will handle that attack. One copy of Helecthil, Light of the
North removed with its low use in the practice game. It also is dependent on other cards. Elffriend
removed.
Many changes were made to creatures. One more copy of Lossadan Hunters, Snow-elves, and
Ice-Giant added. Boars and Fell-Bear added for 9 creatures. Lossandamundar, Rain-drake,
Marsh-drake, and Nameless Thing removed. This means that Durlach’s minions in the underdeeps
are untouched. You just need to trouble the surface minions. Strong Durlach minions in the
Under-deeps are better prepared for Felagrog.
+
Some changes to the hazards enhanced creatures. Cursed Spell-bead added to bother Durlach’s
control of a minion rune item. White Vision was removed; there are two other Northern Waste
movement hazards. Worm’s Stench added to boost the Animal hazards. Other hero players have
the drakes. Kelvar Enraged added too. Earth-Tremors removed. Stay Her Appetite added to
bother Spawn allies. A copy of Fled into Darkness changes into Glance of Arien.
Aware of Their Ways no longer allowed in the game. Some agent hazards added to help Unor
bother the minions under-ground. Gollum’s Cave, Behind the Hedge, and Never Seen Him gets
the Umit at the right site. An Article Missing can remove items you may see on the surface.
Site tapping was modified slightly. Torque of Hues now is found at Pendrath na-Udûn instead of
Himring. Canadras removed for Vision Path, but Shoreless Isles added.
dirhaval

Deck file and game notes at
https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... =23&t=3072

Need to find a way to include Elvish Wards in the deck; faction can fetch it. Thorongil player has that hazard.

Return to “Showcase”