653-Azog

dirhaval

[updated 12.22.17]

The Age of the Orc is dawning. Bolg will be its first Emperor. He is leading the orcs
from the Iron Mountains down into Wilderland for the taking of his first fiefdom.
Orcs and a few Uruk-hai will use tokens of war for building a Great Army of the North using the
last born. A rampage will be made from Nan Anduin down to Rauros. Bolg will be the
Ashdurbuk and a Fell Captain weakening the link between the west and east. No quarter would
be given, but the Necromancer desires prisoners.

Orcs and Wolves will join for a fast assault on the unwary. Birds will feast on the waste that is
left behind. Fear will drive the heroes to escape or betray one another. Wargs will howl and orcs
will enter the back door.

Bolg is one of the two Warlords - non-Ringwraith, non-Sauron Black Players.
He will use A Few Trusty Lads to secure DI bonuses for his leaders. Two Warlords
will be in his deck: Bolg and Azog.

This player will play weapons and Orc factions for the first assault. He will also
CvCC with Radagast outside Anduin Vales except when Grond is in play. Bolg
will lead factions into war late in the second deck or early Warlord deck.
Mount Gundabad will be the site for this player once Warlord is in play.
The sites are very packed. He will rule from the mountains. There are many table events for this
player - a scary number, which means fast card flow during the second deck.

Bolg will deal with orcs of Throkmaw and Scatha. Bolg is allied with the Ringwraiths,
but Bolg might influence some resources with his direct influence. Some dragons might aid this
Warlord.

This player is in the Wilderland division opposing Radagast.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Compass anyone?
dirhaval

Oh yes that item. You may have noticed avoidance of mine towards of some dream cards
such as spells used by non-wizards, pipe, pipeweed and such. They don't have much
for me at the moment. With such a large canvass for me to playtest the dreamcards
I will eventually get around to use them. One reason I have yet to think about Compass
is that I feel the cards in its expansion are too precise for Fate. Not all the cards though.

Are there any minion resource Lost Knowledge events?
dirhaval

That site that does not have a requirement for moving to it that is also normally hidden: that dwarf-hold under Mordor
is hidden but has no requirements. The reason makes sense. I was unaware of it until this game :)
dirhaval

Haha. The reason I am behind on some card texts is that I am viewing the cards from those downloaded months ago off SVG, not viewing
those used for GCCG. The GCCG version of Mines of Angurath does have hidden site requirements. I feel stupid.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

No shame in that, we only changed it recently, realising The Balrog had it a bit too easy Invading Their Domain at Mines of Angûrath.
pipe, pipeweed and such. They don't have much for me at the moment.
Though a fervent non-smoker myself, I don't see how anybody could ignore the use of a Pipe :shock: :lol:

Secret Book/Records Unread are considered Lost Knowledge, as well as Scroll of Isildur and Thror's Map. But events, none so far. We might add Maker's Map to the list though.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
dirhaval

I added a turn analysis for this player...glimpses on the ability to move and play all resources
in the first 24 turns.
Hurog will have a few CvCC in the second deck due to playing Honey and Smoke on the Wind
in Anduin Vales.
dirhaval

Here are the changes to the deck. The revised deck file is now in the first thread.
I feel the deck will be even better by focusing the sites closer to Gundabad and synchronizing
the creatures more with the hazards including those with more playability.
This might be one of the top 4 decks of the 40 players.

For the resources Dwarf-chopper was switched for Broad-headed Spear. The axe is given to Throkmaw the Vain.
Twice-Baked Cakes were added when Burning Rick, Cot and Tree replaced Smoke on the Wind.
Troll ally was replaced by Great Goblin orc ally. The Mouth will use the troll ally.

Faction Orcs of Angmar given to Witchking for using Grond. Saw-tooth Blade and Sharpen Up replaced by Trophy Belt and a bird ally.
Precious Burden was replaced with Get Your Gone. The Diplomats have a chance to discard the Dragon hazards that can decimate this player. Fearsome Ally removed for The Ashdurbuk. That event can be a game point along with Precious Burden. Another copy of Unquenchable Flames takes the place of Under His Fist. The drum can fetch command events.

Hazards had major changes. Two or Three Tribes Present was useless for the practice game. With the introduction of wolf creatures
and the Mouth already have that event I decided to remove ToTTP. Soldiers of the Dark Lord and Host of Bats will be played
during the Power Decks. Orc-Tortured saturated the prisoner scheme. Maybe it will be played during the Power Decks.
Orc Archers were given to the Mouth. Power Built By Waiting replaces ToTTP. Call of Home replaces SoDL.
More copies of the other two prisoner events replaces Orc-Tortured. Thrice Told Tales replaces Reaching Shadow
and two Dark Designs of Mordor since most of the creatures are playable in Anduin Vales and Wilderness.
Orc-Battalion removed to be used in the Power Decks. Orc-Lieutenant already is in Mouth’s Deck. These two are placed by War-Wolves and Wolf-Riders.
Sites to tap now exclude Beorn’s House, Buhr Widu, and two Grey Mountain Lairs.

Character changes are more aligned with a surface player. Gabmog was replaced by Captain.
Hill Troll replaced by another Veteran. Both Maggots replaced one Brawler. Shaman replaces Forest Troll. Mauhur replaces Crooked. A loss of a Ranger added a Sage.
dirhaval

Deck Changes from 40 player practice game.
The deck is cleaner with resources and hazards. The count of creatures is now 28 with
wolf, orc, and bird creatures. It will be brutal using Tribal hazards. However, Orc Quarrels
and Clept Along Cleverly removed, which canceled 18 attacks for the practice game.
Blow Turned, Goblins Are Upon You, and We Are Fighting Uruk-hai helps some.
Ice-Drakes and Dragons will wound anyone. This is a Top 10 deck.

For the resources Dwarf-chopper was switched for Broad-headed Spear. The axe is given to
Throkmaw the Vain. Twice-Baked Cakes were added when Burning Rick, Cot and Tree replaced
Smoke on the Wind. Faction Orcs of Angmar given to Witchking for using Grond. Saw-tooth
Blade and Sharpen Up replaced by Trophy Belt and a bird ally.

Precious Burden was replaced with We Are Fighting Uruk-hai and Cracking Whip for far
movement or keeping an important character untapped.
Fearsome Ally removed for The Ashdurbuk. That event can be a game point along with Precious
Burden. Another copy of Unquenchable Flames takes the place of Under His Fist. The drum can
fetch command events.

Hazards had major changes. Two or Three Tribes Present was useless for the practice game.
With the introduction of wolf creatures and the Ardagor already have that event I decided to
remove ToTTP. Soldiers of the Dark Lord and Host of Bats will be played during the Power
Decks. Orc-Tortured saturated the prisoner scheme. Maybe it will be played during the Power
Decks. Orc Archers were given to Ardagor.

Power Built By Waiting replaces ToTTP. Call of Home replaces SoDL.
Legacy of Caracaroth, Traitor and Wielder’s Curse replaces Reaching Shadow and two Dark
Designs of Mordor since most of the creatures are playable in Anduin Vales and Wilderness.
War-Wolves and Wolf-Riders added with Imprisoned and Mocked sent to Smaug’s troll deck.
Orc-Patrol exchanged for Orc-Warriors.

Sites to tap now exclude Beorn’s House, Buhr Widu, and two Grey Mountain Lairs.
Character changes are more aligned with a surface player. Lugdash added when Hurog left for
Scatha’s deck. Hill Troll replaced by another Grunt. Shaman replaces Forest Troll. Mauhur
replaces Crooked. A loss of a Ranger added a Sage.
dirhaval

Not much has changed.
Made a new focus for this player:
Instead of Faction Wars for Avatar Deck, go find the Ulukai of Morgoth using a quest card.

Orc-Cuirass given to Desert Orc player. Long Peak no longer needed to tap.
Trouble to use the quest card added since this player can wreck havoc.

Out of 68 resource cards, only 18 are not expected to stay on the table.
That is short-events and food items. Thus, this deck may exhaust
in four turns after Turn 24. This would mean the hazards can be held
in hand to wipe away a hero party. Go visit for CvCC and may
conduct an Abduction; move to a shadow-hold. Wait for a rescue
and unleash hazards. Blood will flow from the Misty Mountains
pass the White Tower.

see deck at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2885&p=40828

Return to “Showcase”