614-Alatar_Drakes

dirhaval

Alatar is the last player in the Northern Waste division. At this moment he is using Rhubar as a main haven. I read that
on the Rhubar hero site card that there is another haven in the south-east part of the Sea of Silence - just east of Dyr.
I have not seen any map of the regions or sites east of the Talathant, which I like to see. So I will post Alatar's
deck soon with nothing about this "other" haven.

Alatar's new hazard opponent is Fankil - a demon. Before Alatar had to fight Hoarmurath, which made
sense and easy to build a deck around. Fankil is a bit different. I do not know if to have Fankil
move in the Under-deeps. If so, then Alatar does not have room to include under-deep resources.
I must find a motive for Fankil. I was thinking about adding a creature mentioned in a MERP resource.
Esgoth(or something) - Enemy of Existence, Shelob's sibling. A spawn that halves the stats of all heroes
with a mind less than that rolled at its site. :evil:

Before during the Power decks, I had Alatar face the Balrog (which was expected to survive) and a Dwarf-lord
to face the surviving Dragon-Lord. But now I might have that reverse if Thrain survives too. Alatar is
already ready to prosper in the Northern Waste facing dragons. Just things I need to think about.
Since that is true, I will pause on showing more Hero decks and spend time getting into GCCG and the minion
cards. What I have been doing is to place into a word processor the card text of all these cards.
I have yet to do that for most of the minion cards, so I realize that the minion decks have changed somewhat.
Thought you wanted to know.
dirhaval

EÄGOTH - Ally (R)
[MP: 4; Mind: 4; P/B: 8/8]
Unique. Spawn. Playable at Vaults of Utumno. Manifestation of Enemy of Existence. During your organization phase, your opponent makes a roll. If the result is greater than the mind of this ally's controlling character, the character is eliminated. Tap this ally during the site phase: make a roll and every non-maia, non-dragon entity in target company with a mind less than the result has his stats (mind, prowess, and body) halved (round up) for the rest of the turn. Can only tap once per turn in this manner. Tap this ally to discard a Spawn permanent-event in play. Can move no more than 3 regions per turn. Heal if wounded when a strike fails against Eägoth. Untap if tapped when a strike fails against Eägoth.

This ally is not that hard to get if you already live in the Iron Mountains. I might include another restriction of playing this ally.
The prowess and body on this ally is low on purpose. This ally's abilities are such that a wizard was dispatched north to
rid Middle-Earth of it.
dirhaval

This is Alatar's Deck. He is in the Northern Waste Division facing
Lomaw the Old.

Alatar will be hunting Dragons and stopping these demons of creating an army
or wargs, trolls, orcs, and the Wind-horde. Alatar does not have factions
to counter. He has a detailed strategy to kill at least three Dragons.

Alatar is different due to his playing of many spells, large pool of unique characters,
and the use of a Spirit-namer. Oh. Fram is with Alatar. You know what that means. Dragon-burgers. :roll:
Last edited by dirhaval on Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirhaval

Update. Removed Beretar as a starting character with dual character Seyran.
Seyran is not expected to be in the final companies. If he is booted from the
starting company, then Ulvun will be played. Seyran's ability to use mind rings
in a wizard's company will not be used.
dirhaval

The updated deck is posted.
The hazard deck and summary are included.
Hazard events include Northern Waste specifics such as disease.
The main hazard theme is stat reduction using Rats to wound,
Something Has Slipped, and Nothing to Eat and Drink.

Elves of Taur Romen were replaced with Fur Traders of Dyr.
Wizard Staff removed for Crisfuin.
Galgrin’s Hammer was included; it will mean a trip west.

[I am considering having the two demons be allies so to use those nice Troll Warlord
resources in the Morgoth's Legacy Expansion. Ologong will be the Warlord. Its an option
needing little change from the current deck I have. I have been building the Dragon-Lord decks.]

The strike-by-strike sequence for killing several Dragons have been
expanded to show how the strike is modified such as:

Angurth (P14) can be defeated by Fram using only Old Thrush, Bow of Yew tapped, and if one character taps to support the third strike. All strikes will fail for body checks greater than three. Angurth can be normally found in Forrhûn.

if tapping for the first strike: [36/36]
1-15/10
2-13/9
3-13/8
Strike 1 prowess 11
taps -0
strike in seq -0
Thrush +3
Potion 0
Ebony 0
Bow +1
Support 0
Strike 2 prowess 11
tapped -1
strike in seq -1
Thrush +3
Potion 0
Ebony 0
Bow +1
Support 0
Strike 3 prowess 11
tapped -1
strike in seq -2
Thrush +3
Potion 0
Ebony 0
Bow +1
Support +1
dirhaval

The updated deck file is located in an earlier thread.

Changes to the resource deck are minimal to the cards that ended the practice game. The initial
deck included travel in the Under-deeps. Now, effort will be made to play up to five minor items
pure deck. Lomaw the Old will be more of a threat causing the use of these items.
+
Noldo-lantern was removed for Dragon-helm. The bonus of the helmet are the best for this
player. Elrond has the flash light in his deck. A surface site now allows under-deeps items to be
found. Black Arrow was removed since King Vidugavia has it in his deck. The bolt would have
made this deck too powerful to kill dragons. Instead, Old Winyards and Twice-Baked Cakes
were added to help play minor items under Armory. Both food items will allow the play of
another minor item at the site when the item is played. Then Old Winyards can be discarded for
the play of another item. Two sites in the Illuin Mountains otherwise do not allow items. Two
Dwarven Cunning cards remove to have three less resources in the sideboard.
+
Hazard changes to creatures includes less Animals for more drakes. Snow-lion, Barrow-wight,
and Boars were removed. For Ice-Drake x2, Were-worm x3, Ghosts x1, Cave Worm x2. These
new creatures are more of a threat to Lomaw and those in Angmar, Gundabad.
+
Many anti-DragonLord events added to replace Nothing to Eat or Drink x2, Snow Blindness x2,
Neither So Ancient Nor So Potent x1. Three more hazards added to sideboard.
Added cards include: Wielder's Curse, Insatiable Hunger, Dragon’s Sleep, Last Threads Loosed,
Birth-Spot, Spirit-Crime x3, Devouring Wyrms.
+
Character changes included removal of two Dwarf-miners for Wyrmslayer agent and Karaag the
Gnome. Seyran replaced by Pathfinder.

Deck file at
https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 66&p=41861

Return to “Showcase”