Trying to create a new Meccg set for playtesting (local)

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Germanico

Hallo everyone!

Basically, i want to create a new meccg card set and i want to play (playtest) it in Gccg.
I havent found any info about how to properly do it.

Sooo, this is what i have done and accomplished/failed:
  • Edit "metw.xml" to include the new set "Against the Light"
  • Create the new set xml "against_the_light.xml" in ".\xml\Metw"
  • "against_the_light.xml" contains the names of the folder and the card graphic names "dir="AgainsttheLight"" graphics="card_image.png"
  • Path ".\graphics\Metw\AgainsttheLight" contains all card images
Now, if i launch the game; i get to see the set in "My Collections"...hurray!.. :D
BUT....if i launch the game a second time, the set dissapears....not hurray.. :(
AND, the cards, when prompted for details and errata (Ctrl-H) they display correct text but wrong name and an unique ID??!

This leads me to the next stage:
  • I open ".gccg\Metw\book.filter"
  • I now understand that every card has a unique ID itentifier
  • i use the latest ID available and continue the numbering for my new cards. I also add the collections name ,"Against the Light",
  • I launch the game again, and now my cards do not dissappear...hurray_2
Problems:
However......i still get the name wrong when i request card text and errata (Ctrl-H). Text and attributes seem to be correct...but card name displayed is wrong (looks like DC names) when the card is "used", like tapped, inverted, discarded....note that the assigned ID is unique in book.filter!
Ingame counter of points (SP, MP, etc) is not correct...even though the xml is.
Collection sorting depends on the ID order in "book.filter"....manual updating fixes the issue....but i dont like manual work.
Some cards have their back wrong. Resources with site backs, Sites with resource backs. Xml has the correct attribute set for all...so it cant be that?

Questions:
Is there a dependency on the server that i dont know?
Is there a way to properly do what im doing in a less manual way?
Why are my new card cards named differently when i tap, play, discard etc?
Why do my new cards have sometimes wrong card backs? (note that if the wrong card name is displayed, gccg confuses my card with an already existing site card and applies the site back...despite my new set xml file having the correct one)

Well...let's see...

Thanks a lot!!!!

Return to “GCCG”