Looking for new host for GCCG

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I've been hosting the GCCG server for the past few years, hopefully providing a good service to this community. I have a server that is colocated and was used for my personal web hosting and some small side jobs of hosting for others. Unfortunately, I've reached the point where I'm spending too much on colocating the server and will be shutting it down soon.

What I'm looking for is someone that is willing to pick up the hosting duties for the gccg server. It runs on Linux and uses free libraries when you compile it. There's no special software needed other that. Bandwidth and disk space requirements are very limited. It also uses very little CPU and ram, so it can be hosted alongside other applications or websites. You could even rent a small VPS for this if you don't have an existing server available.

Would anyone in the community be willing to start hosting this? We can coordinate moving things over to the new server and working with the councilofelrond.org domain owner to repoint the gccg subdomain.
Kodi
Council Member

If you want, I would like to host it ;)

"'I will take the Ring,' he said, 'though I do not know the way.'"
Manuel
Council Chairman

Hello everyone,

Kodi has just restored the server. Thanks mate! :)

I guess someone with more knowledge than me should bring the correct information for you guys to start using GCCG again, but in case it is useful to you, here's how my metw.bat looks right now:

@echo off
set HOME=C:
set USER=Windows
set CLIENT=.\ccg_client.exe
if exist .\home set HOME=.\home
if exist module_windows32\ccg_client.exe set CLIENT=module_windows32\ccg_client.exe
start %CLIENT% --server ec2-52-17-56-125.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com --design 1600x900 --full --user %USER% %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 metw.xml

You may need to change the resolution and/or other parameters to fit your needs.

PD: And yes I'm back to the game and looking for a game from time to time :)
www.meccg.com
rezwits
Council Member

Hey @kodi

How come my account is locked? and I can't just use my old gccg (user directory?)

I get the:

Invalid password or
maybe the user name is taken, error.

All I did was just change the SERVER ADDY to the New one any Viola? but no? no Viola

gccg restored or started from scratch or?

SADFACE
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Muad'Dib

Awesome, i almost missed GCCG is working again!

But what is even more AWESOME is Manuel is back. One of my favourite guys ever!
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Kodi
Council Member

rezwits wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:38 am Hey @kodi

How come my account is locked? and I can't just use my old gccg (user directory?)

I get the:

Invalid password or
maybe the user name is taken, error.

All I did was just change the SERVER ADDY to the New one any Viola? but no? no Viola

gccg restored or started from scratch or?

SADFACE
Hi! Sorry I dind't saw the message. Josh prepared a zip for me with the last version that was in production. We can look for it by private, I have sent you an email ;)

Best!

Return to “GCCG”