Sealed play with no money

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
kyh5

I just joined GCCG and spent my fake money on cards. Since I have 0 fakebucks, does this mean that I can't play in a sealed deck game until I earn more money...which I understand I can do buy playing a normal game first?

And how does sealed play work exactly? What does the $<n> mean -- does it restrict the number of cards I can use?

So I do "/sealed <n>", and then I'm using an alter ego character. Then I use the collection (Ctrl-B) to create a deck and then sit down at a sealed deck table to play?
Muad'Dib

You earn money after each game. When win, get 40$, lose - 10$ and draw 25$. You can also collect cash selling cards (you put cards from own collection for sale and maybe somebody will buy it, lowest price is always first). There is also option to ask players for $. All people online are very friendly so it shouldnt be a problem. When you want to play sealed, also opponent can help you and give some money for products.

In sealed mode you can only use cards just bought (its good to use option refresh before making deck, sometimes you dont see some cards received from boosters/starters). But you have access to all sites(here is difference, in RL you use sites found in products).

For sealed game limits of cards are 25/25 and 10 creatures. And you can call after collecting 18MPs (dont need to exhaust deck) or any result when you finish you deck.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
kyh5

Thank you. So, if I want to play sealed with a starter + 2 boosters, I transfer over 9.50 + 3 + 3 = 15.50, correct?
Muad'Dib

Yes, you use command "/sealed 15.5". Remember about using "." not "," ;) If you want to keep bought things leave using command "/sealed". If you want to transfer everything type "/sealed end". In this case all cards and money go to your normal account.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
kyh5

Hmm if i do /sealed and keep the money in my "-sealed" account, won't that mess up future sealed matches? Since then I'd have cards from my new sealed decks + the cards from before?
Muad'Dib

It depends. Sometimes we have sealed tournaments which require to keep all bought cards till end of all games. In this case you shoudnt transfer money&cards to normal account because you can be DQ from tournament. Also you cant play other sealed games during this tournament, at least not with your regular account because after each game you earn some money. But ending sealed mode without transferring is only connected with taking part in tournaments ;)

Return to “GCCG”