Sounds in GCCG - discussion thread

Discussion of the Generic Collectible Card Game engine created by Tommi "wigy" Ronkainen and mantained nowadays by Kodi
Brabo

Hi all,

I thought it might be nice to have a special place for discussion, requests and ideas about the sounds in GCCG.
Let me start with a request: can we have a running water sound for River?

By the way: who is responsible for these sounds, who puts them in GCCG? Is it you, Vastor?

//Wisp
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Well I am guilty I guess ;)

I brought most sounds over from Netmeccg to GCCG as well as some new ones.

wlk aka Nicolas Perotin also added some . . .

but as I see it we could also use more, but I rather see cool sounds for cool cards, River just deserves no sound as it is fucking boring

but please send me your alls sounds files and I can add some, or do we have volunteer for it ?

mfg Nicolai
Brabo

Vastor Peredhil wrote:River just deserves no sound as it is fucking boring
Just because River is so boring I thought you could give it a little extra... But maybe you're right.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
marcos
Council Member

Brabo wrote:
Vastor Peredhil wrote:River just deserves no sound as it is fucking boring
Just because River is so boring I thought you could give it a little extra... But maybe you're right.
just because you consider that a card is boring, you wont give it a cool sound? :roll:
domse
Ex Council Member

who does play with sounds anyway???
marcos
Council Member

good question :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Only the cool people obviously 8)

Just to hear Arwen's voice I'm hoping she gets Called Home so I can play her again...

Sounds definitely add to the joy of playing. But there shouldn't be too many either. Personally I prefer sounds for stuff with character (e.g. characters :D ), so it'll have to be one hell of a cool river then :wink:

Though Cave-drake has me cracking each time it is played, it is a rather rubbish sound of course...likewise Reforging.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Brabo

The only thing my girlfriend likes about MECCG is the sounds in gccg... The sounds are the only MECCG-thing we can connect about, so yeah... I like the sounds!!
Shapeshifter878

No sounds for me. I´ve tried to turn them off by using "/set nosound=yes" but it doesn´t seem to work. Is there some other way?
marcos
Council Member

/set nosound=yes
they way to do it is:

/set nosound yes

dont use the "="

Return to “GCCG”