Draft of CoE Digest #203 Q2 - Facing a Traitor attack during your opponent's turn - Open until January 22

Manuel
Council Chairman

In order to contribute to this thread please follow these rules:

1) The thread will be open until Jan 22.
2) There will be a maximum of one reply per forum user, and that reply cannot be edited. We want to actively avoid starting "flame wars", so please speak your peace, let others speak their peace, and that's it.
3) After the review period, the ROC will carefully consider everyone's contributions, revise the draft as appropriate, and then the Digest will be published and official.
Can I play resources during my opponent’s turn if I’m being attacked by a Traitor?

It was ruled in CoE Digest #119 that a player may use resources that affect attacks/strikes during his opponent’s turn if he is facing an attack from Hounds of Sauron or Traitor. However, the rules for taking actions during combat actually don’t override the restriction that resources can’t be played during an opponent’s turn; there are a few exceptions that do allow resources to be played during an opponent’s turn, but Traitor isn’t explicitly one of them.

Also, note this entry in the CRF, Card Errata and Rulings:
Traitor.

Characters facing a Traitor when it is not their turn may not play resources, but may still tap for full prowess.
This ruling overturns CoE Digest #119 Q5 (and note that we’re doing a separate entry for Hounds of Sauron).
www.meccg.com
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Character facing a strike does not tap for full prowess. Moreover, if tapped while facing a strike, character suffers -1 penalty to prowess.
(Player controlling of) untapped character may decide to take -3 penalty to prowess and not be automatically tapped after facing a strike that is not successful.

P.S. If someone wonders why sometime I dare to disagree with ICE or with Ichabod now he may see a one of reasons.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Manuel
Council Chairman

Thanks everyone for your contributions. The RC will study them carefully and come up with a final digest soon.
www.meccg.com

Return to “Drafts”