CoE Candidacy; 2008 - 2009

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

The CoE holds annual elections in March, so we're late on it this year but doing it now. We want to invite all members of the community to consider candidacy for the CoE. As a member of the 9-person council, you will have the responsibility to:
(1) Represent the interests of players like you (i.e., from your country, your region, your game-play style, etc.),
(2) Support active and nascent national councils,
(3) Bring your fresh and innovative ideas to the game, and
(4) Maintain and further develop the COE projects and tasks like JCP, NetRep, Worlds and EC, MECCG Promotion, COE newsletter, players & traders directory, UEP, virtual cards, etc.

Contact Josh Hunholz if you are interested in running. Time commitments are about 1-3 hours per week.

The deadline to register as a candidate is April 24st.

(Note: Wording "borrowed" from Mark Alfano's post from last year)
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

So um we actually going to do this?
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Yes. Sadly, we're not going to have a council of 9 this year, but instead it will be a council of 7. (Per the CoE Charter, as we were unable to get 9 people to run).
Last edited by jhunholz on Mon May 19, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone sent an email or something to our community about this CoE election, because I didn't know anything at all until today when I happened to find it out while reading CoE forum. If I knew it before I could have found a Spanish candidate (even myself), but it's too late now.

Best regards,

--Agus(Balin).
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Jambo

If there's a willing Spanish candidate, such as yourself Agus, I think it would be crazy not to allow them to participate in the CoE elections even if it is past the deadline date. It might be a different matter if there were more than 9 candidates, but that isn't the case...

All IMHO of course.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Well some members of the community asked me to run for the last seat, so that we get 9 people, now it looks like we will have 10 people if Balin is running also, so I am receding my seat for the council, if this would be a a wanted solution; I just want to give some options here

mfg Nicolai Willinek
Balin
Ex Council Member

All right, thanks.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”