Visual/ Aesthetic Enhancements

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Yangtze2000

I saw these on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/War-of-the-R ... 0752.m1982

Unfortunately they're out of my budget range, but they'd look great on a meccg map. I wondered if anyone knew of anything similar, or dissimilar, that they might use to aesthetically or mechanically enhance the meccg experience?
CDavis7M

You've seen the little hobbit figures that come in the gift set? Those are neat but there are plenty of other ME miniatures around. Plenty of old ones on ebay and newer ones from the Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game.

A nice map can be pleasant to use. There are the 2 official maps, the laminated Dream Card map, and several other map files hosted here or on BoardGameGeek, and the METW Facebook group.

Fun dice are a must. There are plenty of LotR style dice from other games. I like the ones from the Middle Earth SGB. I also had some custom dice made by Chessex that match the wizard coloration.

I forget which thread, but a few players here have posted pictures of dice towers and other fun accessories for rolling.

I have looked into making resin tokens from punched out cards but haven't bothered to order supplies yet.
Goblin King

For use in the Arda game, we frequently use painted miniatures to represent companies moving on the map.
Yangtze2000

Thanks for the replies, both! I'm going with the Eaglemoss models which look really nice, if probably a little big. So that means I need a nice big map!

So there are several available I see, but which might be your favourite? I'd want to enlarge it to accommodate figures for Arda play.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”