Angus McBride artbooks

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

I recently made the decision to remove a page from my Angus McBride's Characters of Middle-Earth art book. Matted and framed, it now hangs upstairs where I play periodically. I'd like to frame another picture, but I'm not sure I want any of the works from the book I have. My question is, is there anyone here who owns the other McBride books who could tell me what artworks they feature?
Attachments
0.jpeg
0.jpeg (31.2 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
CDavis7M

I don't own any of McBride's artwork but he did a lot of great stuff for ICE. There are several MECCG artists that are still active artists.

Rob Alexander and Ted Nasmith sell prints online.

https://www.robalexander.com/index.php/ ... ven-cloak/

https://www.tednasmith.com/shop/

I've ordered a print from Ted Nasmith. He tells me that this game is still very popular in Central Europe :lol:
DuncanNeeds2Shave

Im quite fond of the Ted Nasmith stuff. I considered ordering something from him a while back, but couldn't decide which print to buy. I've run out of wall space in my small little hobbit hole. As for McBride, I'm kind of hoping that Pallando is featured in one of the books. Pallando's artwork is kind of myserious, and I think it would look great hung on the wall with Saruman. He's also infamously the best wizard :)
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 am ... As for McBride, I'm kind of hoping that Pallando is featured in one of the books. Pallando's artwork is kind of myserious, and I think it would look great hung on the wall with Saruman. He's also infamously the best wizard :)
AFAIK the Pallando art as from the card game is not featured in any of the books. ICE re-used several of the McBride works that he did as covers for the MERP products. The book "Characters of Middle-earth" is from 1990. Most of the works he later did just for the card game (like the Alatar and Pallando works) have presumably been sold to private collectors. Sadly there seem to exist no high resolution scans or photos publicly available.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

That's a major bummer! Thanks for the info!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”