Promo cards and misprints

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Yegor

Hi,

I'm looking for info (possibly even pictures) on the following promo and misprint cards:

FRENCH
Snaga-Hai missprint
Merry
Gros Bolger/Merry

SPANISH
Todas las campanas al vuelo Site back misprint
Bosque Viejo Burning Eye back misprint

GERMAN
Orkstadt

LUREOFMECCG special card

The pictures in the excellent thread by Hanksole do not work, so any help is appreciated. In particular, does Orkstadt have the crown symbol? The same for La Puerta de los Trasgos (as I understand, this is also the Goblin-town).
Thanks.
Last edited by Yegor on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kjeld

There's several copies of Orkstadt on Ebay at the moment, you can see pics there:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDDLE-EARTH-O ... XQrhdTUOcg

Like in my own copy, there's no crown. My understanding is they're not promos as such. Rather, I.C.E. somehow forgot to print them in the normal MELE run for Spanish and German, so had to do a separate printing and distribute them separately. Hence, they're like promos.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Kjeld wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 pm Like in my own copy, there's no crown. My understanding is they're not promos as such. Rather, I.C.E. somehow forgot to print them in the normal MELE run for Spanish and German, so had to do a separate printing and distribute them separately. Hence, they're like promos.
Exactly. The German Orkstadt (Goblin Gate) was included in the German MEAS set which was only distributed as a complete set. Each set, however, had multiple Orkstadts in it (5 if I remember well), so don't pay too much for these ;)

Concerning misprints, I'd recently discovered another German one:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3169
Yegor

Thanks for the replies.
Any thought on the other cards?
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I'm attaching a photo of the LureofMECCG-card
Attachments
LureofMECCG.JPG
LureofMECCG.JPG (111.22 KiB) Viewed 12286 times
Yegor

Great! Thanks a lot!
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Here's the French Snaga hai card (together with the Dutch version of Lure of Nature, another example where illustrations got mixed up)
Attachments
cards.jpg
cards.jpg (113.1 KiB) Viewed 12262 times
Yegor

Thanks, Khamul.

Now only Spanish misprints remain.
Yegor

Can anyone post or send me a pic of French Merry and Gros Bolger/Merry cards?

I think, I saw Merry with crown, but not the other card.
nico21000

Enjoy.
French Promos
French Promos
French Promos.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 11999 times
Yegor

Thank you. A bit more than I bargained for.

What about the Gros Bolger/Merry double card. Anyone?
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Have we already discussed this one? Also, there are French promos of similar kind with AFAIK numbers ranging from 1 to 9.
Attachments
lacarteG.jpg
lacarteG.jpg (98.26 KiB) Viewed 11961 times
nico21000

Indeed there were not 9, but 5 of these numbered cards. Each one was included in each Lidless Eye French starter sets. Sending the 5 to Hexagonal (the french distributor for ICE products) allowed to receive in exchange the 3 following french promo cards : Ringil, Fury of the Iron Crown, and Ireful Flames (which description text is totally different from the original one).

The Spanish edition of MECCG was also produced in other local languages. I got this Galician Fury of the Iron Crown recently, as a gift for a big order at mathom.es. Although beautiful, this print is overly dark. The title letters are not even white, but rather yellowish :
Furia Da Coroa de Ferro.jpg
Furia Da Coroa de Ferro.jpg (204.33 KiB) Viewed 11957 times
Yegor

Thanks for the reply, guys. But I am specifically looking for the Gros Bolger/Merry double-sided card. I'm pretty aware of the rest.

Nico21000, how large was your order to get the card, if you don't mind my asking.
nico21000

116 €, but I think they may place such gifts (maybe other products such as pins or badges) even for lower bills. They are also selling this card alone for 13€. I'm french and I absolutely never heard about a Merry/Fatty Bolger double sided card... I'm pretty sure it would be fake news. It's very unlikely to exist. Bolger was a promo, and Merry a 'late' print manufactured after Hexagonal saw it was missing in the wizards set (even if it has the crown promo logo on it). You could get as much Merrys as you sent Filis to Hexagonal. 2 different manufacturing lines, and I see no reason why one would have 'met' the other...

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”