Promo cards and misprints

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
nico21000

"Summons from Long Sleep", from the "Against the Shadow" set.

The challenge deck version, although including the errata, is missing the eye of Sauron at the bottom right :
meas_summonsfromlongsleep.jpg
meas_summonsfromlongsleep.jpg (259.32 KiB) Viewed 5335 times
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

just went over these again - main difference for these challenge deck "Lure of " cards is that : opponent makes the roll to remove these - was that ever discussed as offical errata ? or did I just not care enough to remember it back in the days
CDavis7M

Vastor Peredhil wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:32 pm just went over these again - main difference for these challenge deck "Lure of " cards is that : opponent makes the roll to remove these - was that ever discussed as offical errata ? or did I just not care enough to remember it back in the days
Previously the character made the roll, which was difficult and led to a lot of bent cards when players used heavy dice.

Now when you play Lures you let your opponent do the rolling instead of their character.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

Vastor Peredhil wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:32 pm just went over these again - main difference for these challenge deck "Lure of " cards is that : opponent makes the roll to remove these - was that ever discussed as offical errata ? or did I just not care enough to remember it back in the days
My interpretation is that "opponent" is referring to the opponent of the hazard player (the player who played the card), i. e. the opponent is the player whose character is affected. This would be in line with the regular handling of rolls: The player intending to have a benefit (defeating a strike, passing a corruption test etc) is the one who has to make the roll, and the higher the better. The hazard player is not the one aiming at a high roll in this case.
nico21000

5 cards from the spanish starter set feature illustrations from local artists. Here are their 'anglicized' versions remade from the original material and a bit of Photoshop magic, plus the spanish promo "Wolf-riders" from the Dragons expansion :
spanish_promos_1.jpg
spanish_promos_1.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 5230 times
spanish_promos_2.jpg
spanish_promos_2.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 5230 times
CCG Collector

CDavis7M wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:58 pm
Previously the character made the roll, which was difficult and led to a lot of bent cards when players used heavy dice.

Now when you play Lures you let your opponent do the rolling instead of their character.
I finally realized the joke you were making. Made me laugh.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
nico21000

"Shadow-cloak" from MELE. The Dark-domain symbol [-me_dd-] was erroneously replaced with the Dark-hold [-me_dh-] one, but only in the original english version:
mele_shadowcloak.jpg
mele_shadowcloak.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 4502 times
Also, the german edition "lore" quote states "Kuduk Lore" source instead of LotRV.
nico21000

Not a promo card, not a misprint, just a different version of the Assassin card:
Here we have a " This may be done even after a strike is assigned" additional sentence.
ASSASSIN_CD.jpg
ASSASSIN_CD.jpg (105.62 KiB) Viewed 4109 times
nico21000

I'm reposting here the picture I just posted in the merchandising topic, and I'm asking a question to german players:
Does the german "Der Eine Ring" really have the Sauron eye behind the 6 corruption points?

If so, then it's indeed a new misprint!

tyhjaarpa

nico21000 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:58 pm I'm reposting here the picture I just posted in the merchandising topic, and I'm asking a question to german players:
Does the german "Der Eine Ring" really have the Sauron eye behind the 6 corruption points?

If so, then it's indeed a new misprint!

Looking at google photo results, no. So it seems the error is just in the promo flyer. Unless there is really rare misprint version of the card?
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
nico21000

That's probably a flyer-only misprint: if you look closely at the other cards behind you can see that they don't have any text at all, not even the almost useless random number...
nico21000

furiadacoroadeferro.jpg
furiadacoroadeferro.jpg (638.89 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
otsozaldunak.jpg
otsozaldunak.jpg (746.65 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
garamorrotsuak.jpg
garamorrotsuak.jpg (685.06 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
tyhjaarpa

I know some are more interested in mistakes on cards that others, but I thought I would share this here as well if some one is interested in them on Finnish cards viewtopic.php?f=101&t=4690
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”