Promo cards and misprints

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Yegor

Funny thing. In LoRE Gamma it's definitely a Drake creature.
nico21000

Different illustration croppings and colours variants for 'Lure of Nature' from the challenge decks and spanish editions. The spanish version also has an error : the correct amount of corruption points is 2, not 1 (reported by Yegor).
lureofnature2.jpg
lureofnature2.jpg (657.08 KiB) Viewed 6355 times
Last edited by nico21000 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yegor

The Spanish version has 1 corruption point.
nico21000

Thanks Yegor ! :wink: Original post and picture updated.
nico21000

Here's a french card with absolutely no purpose except advertising for a french RPG magazine that was published at this time. Each french MELE starter had one of these 'advert card'.
MELE_Promo.jpg
MELE_Promo.jpg (752.2 KiB) Viewed 6331 times
CDavis7M

Should have made it worth MP 😆
nico21000

Here are two 'anglicized' promo cards, made real thanks to the original material and a bit of Photoshop magic.
anglicized_promos_1.jpg
anglicized_promos_1.jpg (586.89 KiB) Viewed 6248 times
  • "Wolf-riders", originally "Jinetes de Lobos". Exact copy of the regular "Wolf-riders" from the Dragons expansion, but with a different artwork made by Julio Das Pastoras, a spanish artist. Was released exclusively in Spain, in both spanish and other local languages.
  • "Pick-pocket", originally "Taschendieb". Exact copy of the regular "Pick-pocket" from The Wizards base game, but with a different artwork made by Joachim Hartwig, a german artist that made all region cards illustrations and a few other ones ("Orc-Lieutenant", "The Great Eagles", "Vygavril"). Was released exclusively in Germany, as a prize for winners in some tournaments.
In its context, I assume the "Pick-pocket" illustration is supposed to feature Bilbo robbing a green ( :shock: ) Smaug. Indeed this illustration features several hobbit-like creatures and a green dragon. It's the box art from "The Hobbits" adventure board game (german edition), published by Queen Games (also publishing MECCG related products in german back in the days). https://boardgamegeek.com/image/917075/ ... -boardgame

Any additional information about these cards is welcome.

I'm personally not a big fan of these illustrations...
nico21000

This german Leaf-brooch doesn't have the Dark Minions expansion rune :
leafbrooch_german.jpg
leafbrooch_german.jpg (356.26 KiB) Viewed 6203 times
nico21000

Some promo cards were released only in Germany. Probably nothing that you are already aware of, but here are their 'anglicized' versions remade from the original material and a bit of Photoshop magic.

Any precision or additional information about these cards is welcome.

First, here are the cards released along with The Wizards:
metw_german_promos.jpg
metw_german_promos.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 6214 times
Last edited by nico21000 on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nico21000

Next, here are the cards released along with The Dragons:
metd_german_promos.jpg
metd_german_promos.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 6214 times
nico21000

And finally, here are the cards released along with Dark Minions:
medm_german_promos.jpg
medm_german_promos.jpg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 6214 times
CDavis7M

Speaking of misprints:
There was supposed to be a rune on the MELE cards, but due to errors in the card-film production process, it was left off. We would have like to have fixed it, but the delay would have been several weeks, since we would have lost the printing window.

Bob Mohney
Iron Crown Enterprises
Events Director
Of course, there is a rune on the Arkenstone promo. But someone (in 1997) mentioned that there actually was an H rune on some of the MELE cards and then another person mentioned it being on their cards. So I looked through a few of my MELE cards and the only card I found with a rune is Horseman in the Night, and it's is very faint. I missed the focus a bit but you can see the H (same as in the "french RPG" promo card above).

I wonder what other cards show the MELE rune. Even if it was there, it could be very hard to see. It is hard enough to see the "upside down Y" rune on the minions in White Hand without errors in the card-film process.

DSCF1429-2.JPG
DSCF1429-2.JPG (147.17 KiB) Viewed 6190 times
CDavis7M

nico21000 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm I'm working on a project 'still to be announced' and I'm actually seeing some misprints still unreferenced.
The program wasn't announced yet, right? Looking forward to it. 👍
nico21000

CDavis7M wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:00 am The program wasn't announced yet, right? Looking forward to it. 👍
The project was supposed to be announced in order to encourage vocations of co-workers, because there's a HUGE amount of work. But I think I'm rather good at managing it alone. What I'm reporting in this thread are things that I see as the work progresses.

Although silent, this project is still active. I'm just not communicating anymore about it...
CCG Collector

CDavis7M wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:17 am Speaking of misprints:
There was supposed to be a rune on the MELE cards, but due to errors in the card-film production process, it was left off. We would have like to have fixed it, but the delay would have been several weeks, since we would have lost the printing window.

Bob Mohney
Iron Crown Enterprises
Events Director
Of course, there is a rune on the Arkenstone promo. But someone (in 1997) mentioned that there actually was an H rune on some of the MELE cards and then another person mentioned it being on their cards. So I looked through a few of my MELE cards and the only card I found with a rune is Horseman in the Night, and it's is very faint. I missed the focus a bit but you can see the H (same as in the "french RPG" promo card above).

I wonder what other cards show the MELE rune. Even if it was there, it could be very hard to see. It is hard enough to see the "upside down Y" rune on the minions in White Hand without errors in the card-film process.
I feel like it might come through clearer on some of the challenge deck reprints, but I can't verify that right now. I'll have to take a look at my collection and update this later.

EDIT: At least on the Ringwraith and character cards in Challenge Deck F, the symbol is there, even though it's not there in the original MELE printing.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”