Two or Three Tribes Present + Summons from Long Sleep

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
zirilan

Two or Three Tribes Present
Playable on a company moving with at least
two Wildernesses
[ [-me_wi-] ], one Shadow-land [ [-me_sl-] ],
or one Dark-domain
[ [-me_dd-] ] in their site path.

When played, announce a creature type except
Nazgûl, Undead, or Dragon (like Orcs, Men,
Slayers, Drakes, etc.). For this turn, any
hazard creatures of this type played against
target company do not count against the
hazard limit.
The most common cards to boost your hazard limit are Power Built by Waiting and Daelomin at Home. So one might say why should I use Two or Three Tribes Present anyway? The main problem with this card seems obvious. You are allowed to play as many hazard creature of the chosen type but won't have that many of them in your hand. Probably about 3 to 5 creatures. If you are not playing a resource deck that increases your handsize you probably will have even fewer creatures available. Here comes in another interessting card:

Summons from Long Sleep
This card reserves up to one Dragon or Drake
hazard creature at a time. To reserve a Dragon
or Drake creature, place it face up "off to the
side" with this card (not counting against the
hazard limit). You may play a reserved creature
as thought it were in your hand. Discard this
card after the reserved creature attacks. A
reserved Dragon or Drake receives +2 prowess
when attacking.
With Summons from Long Sleep you can collect some nasty Drakes without useing slots of your handsize. Once you have collected 3 Drakes in that manner you should sideboard in the Two or Three Tribes present card (you should not start with it in your main deck). Of course your opponent won't walk into your opened knife. But with Withered Lands you can easyly get him in serious trouble treating one [-me_wi-] , [-me_sl-] , or [-me_bl-] as double [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] . Now you can unleash 3 True Fire-drakes or Rain-drakes or Whatever-drakes that were hold back + the Drakes you got in your hand.

The combo need some time to be set up and of course need some protection with a Twilight, but against Two or Three Tribes present there is not really a resource that could cancel it.

The main question is "Is it worth to wait near the end of the match to unleash the Drakes at your opponents companies?"
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Without waiting to the near end of match you may try to use Two or Three Tribes Present in conjunction with Revealed to All Watchers.
Of course there is no guarantee of drawing creatures of desired type although probability of it may be increased by effects that allows for look in top of deck. From the other hand such combo is not vulnerable to Marvels Told (as Summons from Long Sleep is).
From the third hand :wink: Revealed to All Watchers cannot be used against minion player.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”