Introduce yourself

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
panotxa

Hello everybody,
I'm Toni from Barcelona. I was introduced to the game (through a Christmas gift) when I was 14 but I wasn't able to understand how to play it and I had no one to teach me... I just collected the Wizards and Dragons and I finally quit without being able to play a single game... Until some months ago (now I'm 32) which I decided to retake the collection and learn how to play! :lol:
Now I'm playing once per week with my younger brother (hope I can keep the rythm and my girlfriend doesn't kick me), I just finished all the collections and I started the crazy project, as a long term achievement, of getting all the playsets :D
Cheers!
Toni
Loupgris

Welcome here. Glad you got all the collection and can play with your brother, I do same (but I do not have the full collection).
zirilan

panotxa wrote:... Now I'm playing once per week with my younger brother (hope I can keep the rythm and my girlfriend doesn't kick me), ...
Hallo Toni,

to prevent the kicking you should play together with your girlfriend and teach her the game.
Keep in mind that your goal shall be to have fun playing and not necessary winning the matches.
While she is reading card texts, planing the route for movement, or is busy otherwise discard
factions, kill points etc. you have scored a hour ago in the current game. Also while counting
the marshalling points at the end of the game be aware that she will most likely not recalculate
points herself (this will ensure an equal win / lose ratio and keep the spirit up).
Also it is wise not to unleash the full power of your hazard play, she does not see your hand
cards and does not know what you really could have done to her characters and companies
(do not play roadblock-strategy, massive corruption, or CvCC stuff).
Remember that it is important to know you could have win. And do not lose obviously since
she will notice. Try to find the right time to drop back. Keep the race close till the end.

Good luck
panotxa

Thanks for your welcome loupgris and hope you can complete the collection!

Zirilian, it's an impossible mission... I asked her a trilion of times but he doesn't want to learn how to play. She's scared because she knows that my first games lasted more than 3 hours and she's not into LOTR mithology... At least she enjoyed the hobbit (book and 1st film) and, if I'm kind with her, we can play boardgames sometimes :roll:
Loupgris

Thanks, but so far there is not much trade around anymore.

And yeah, games can be really long, but you could try to play some scenario games made to be short. Select them carefully and test them so they last 1h30.
Bragolas

Hello,
I am Florent from France, living in the landscape surrounding Angers.
I am yet 35, and have played MECCG since I am 18.
I used to play with my cousin. But we are now far from each other.
We both have never lost our happyness for this game.
My collection is not complete. But I will try to improve it.
Cheers
gollum51

Welcome Florent.
Every year, Frank (Treebeard) organises a great meccg week-end in Nantes (les havres gris).
See you there in September!
Hervé
Bragolas

gollum51 wrote:Welcome Florent.
Every year, Frank (Treebeard) organises a great meccg week-end in Nantes (les havres gris).
See you there in September!
Hervé
I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.
yukonik

Hello Everyone

My name is Raul, I live in Edmonton Canada, since I move to Canada I have only place MECCG on the GCCG application. I have been played this game for about 15 years and I would like to know someone from Edmonton Area I could play the game with real cards, in spite of having played for so long I still have questions about how to play some cards and some game rules. I am currently teaching my wife to play the game, also I have it in my bucket list I will like to attend to one of the annual tournaments in Europe, I will check more information about the tournaments to finally attend to one.

In terms of card collection I am currently have complete set of Wizards, dragons, LE, DM, AS, HW and the balrog, and I have some of the promo and misprint available but I do not have them all, the collections I have completed are in english and I am missing the Limited Edition of Wizard collection.

Any one from Canada or anywhere that would like to play?

Cheers
garethc

Hello,

I'm Gareth, from South Africa. I've recently returned to the game after a very long break. I originally started playing around about 1996, looking for a change from Magic: The Gathering. I played until about 1998. I slowly played less and less due to a lack of funds (I was a teenager at the time), too little free time and too few opponents (several of my regular playing partners moved overseas in the space of a few months). A friend and I dug out our old cards a couple of months ago. I also bought a set of the 10 challenge decks. We've also managed to recruit a third player and might have another one join for a few games. I've popped my head into GCCG a few times and will more than likely play there eventually (the DC variant looks fascinating). But, for now, I'm enjoying re-learning the game playing with actual cards.

-- Gareth
garethc

<Please delete (duplicate -- seemed to give an error when posting, but it'd actually worked.>
Last edited by garethc on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethc

<Please delete (duplicate -- seemed to give an error when posting, but it'd actually worked.>
kober

yukonik wrote:Any one from Canada or anywhere that would like to play?
If you meant to play outside of GCCG, there's a global list of MECCG players but I don't see anybody from outside of Ontario and Quebec there. You could try asking on Canadian sub forum or, better, on BGG. Either way, the chances are slim.
Zirenius

Hello everybody!

What a great resource this forum is!

My name is Sebastian, 28 years old, from Troisdorf (yep, that's where the German publisher of MECCG used to be), Germany and I only recently got back into MECCG after having played with only a core set and a bunch of Commons I bought used back in 1996/97. Now, I managed to finish collecting METW and METD with a fair amount of MEDM (still needs sorting) and MELE plus the full set of challenge decks. So I have been a huge LOTR fan since I first read the book at the age of ten and am now eager to get my friends around here into this game, but I am only myself starting to really appreciate the depth of MECCG.
So far, two game nights with it worked out nicely, although the first one was merely a friend and myself checking rules and the second one a badly done ARDA deck. The fact that people are still willing to give it a shot however speaks in the game's favor, doesn't it? :-)

Anyhow, I am trying to also get my head around GCCG and LackeyCCG as means of playing this online, so I am very open to anybody wanting to play a couple of games online.

Looking forward to participating in this forum.

Have a nice day /evening,
Sebastian
Zirenius

Hello everybody!

What a great resource this forum is!

My name is Sebastian, 28 years old, from Troisdorf (yep, that's where the German publisher of MECCG used to be), Germany and I only recently got back into MECCG after having played with only a core set and a bunch of Commons I bought used back in 1996/97. Now, I managed to finish collecting METW and METD with a fair amount of MEDM (still needs sorting) and MELE plus the full set of challenge decks. So I have been a huge LOTR fan since I first read the book at the age of ten and am now eager to get my friends around here into this game, but I am only myself starting to really appreciate the depth of MECCG.
So far, two game nights with it worked out nicely, although the first one was merely a friend and myself checking rules and the second one a badly done ARDA deck. The fact that people are still willing to give it a shot however speaks in the game's favor, doesn't it? :-)

Anyhow, I am trying to also get my head around GCCG and LackeyCCG as means of playing this online, so I am very open to anybody wanting to play a couple of games online.

Looking forward to participating in this forum.

Have a nice day /evening,
Sebastian

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”