Creating a CARD, EXAMPLES, AND RULES "WIKI"

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Someone posted recently about creating a "Wiki" that would, at least, list every single MECCG card in the game and all of the known erratta, interpretations, possible rules questions, and perhaps even strategy tips that would come up for that card. The Wiki would be searchable of course, and suggestions could be proposed to whomever is in charge of it (should be at least 3 people).

I would really love to see someone take this project up. The first step would be to find the appropriate free Wiki site. You should also find some people to work with you: at least one person good with wikis and layout, and one person decent with the rules (you wouldn't have to be a rules lawyer, just smart enough to know when you are given a silly edit-suggestion by someone). Any actual paraphrases or quotes from digests could be cited (see my Play and Examples file for examples).

Myself, I have created the massive "Play and Examples file", which I believe is more comprehensive than the CRF, and ALL of its info could be incorporated into the Wiki (or at least the info under each card entry).

--Frodo
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

http://meccg.wikidot.com/

It was me who did it, and I made a small startup to serve as an example.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Leon

Great idea, and if you put in the page of how to create a page and especially how to create links to other parts in the wiki I would like to put in information from time to time.

I think we have to be clear on the basic layout of a card description and page, because even on the Dutch Council site, which has the best html spoiler, this is not done rigorously. I will consider what needs to be done.

If site and region symbols can be included in text easily, this would be of great help.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”