New Lord of the Rings card game from FFG!!

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Eyelid

Just in case some of you missed this juicy piece of information Fantasy Flight Games has designed a new card game (as part of their line of "Living Card Games") based on Lord of the Rings.
It includes a cooperative element as well as quests that take place between the end of the Hobbit and the beginning of Lord of the Rings.
Card lore will apparently refer to elements from both books.

Check out this link for further details: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... ?eidn=1528

Also, Fantasy Flight Games shot a few minutes of footage that was taken on Day 2 of GenCon. Point your browser to http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... ?eidn=1537 and then click on "Check out our wrap-up video". Watch a game in progress at 2'37" into that video.

This looks promising, folks. I truly hope this will be a good one.

And of course, if any of you are currently at GenCon you have a moral obligation to bring back as much info as you can!

Adrian
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Ford Prefect
"If you believe in Eternity, then life is irrelevant". House M.D.
Balin
Ex Council Member

I can't wait to get this!
I'm really interested, though confused too... a cooperative LCG game? Could work as a sort of 'boardgame', but what about tournaments? Weird...
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I see this as an excelent opportunity to get new people interested in MECCG!
Eyelid

--> Jose-san, actually you might be quite right as the initial response to this new game is mitigated at best.
On both BoardGameGeek and Fantasy Fllight Games forums some players seem to be longing for a game that is as faithful to the books as MECCG was and one that has MECCG's strategic depth.
In other forums MECCG is frequently hailed as one of the top CCGs ever created.
So until MECCG stocks are fully depleted I believe you are right in saying that this might spark an interest among Tolkien devotees hungry for a good card game based on Middle-earth.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Ford Prefect
"If you believe in Eternity, then life is irrelevant". House M.D.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”