Remastered Cards

Let's publish our projects
dirhaval

Wow! Just thinking about my favorite card n'ver to be used:

WORDS OF POWER AND TERROR, hazard, METW
Modify the prowess of all character in a company attacked by a Nazgul
by -1 until the end of the turn. Cannot be duplicated on a given company.
This could be a relic when the game thought large companies
would be common.

What would the modifier need to be to use this hazard?
Rather play Black Breath; use Rats! to wound a character prior so that will be 3 against the hazard limit.
Lapse of Will seems to be the anti-WoPaT resource; that modifies Nazgul by -3 prowess.

I like to see the hazard have at least a -2 modifier. Something Has Slipped is a better hazard IMHO.
With updated WoPaT and SHS; that would be -4 prowess to all characters; -6 for the wounded .

Then creatures such as: Crebain, Little Snuffler, Orc-Patrol, Orc-Raiders, and Corpse-candle would be nasty.

What do you think?
Kodi
Council Member

It's a very interesting reflection, but I think it shouldn't go in this topic :D

The remaster of the cards only applies official errata/clarifications that have occurred to the cards, but its goal is not to change them.

Thanks anyway for sharing.
nico21000

Not an error I think, but rather a nice already half-implemented feature concerning MELE_catchanelusivescent:
If I understand correctly the real original spanish card never existed because of a print mistake, so it fell directly in the "spanish remaster" category.
The spanish remaster is cool and features a pertinent quote from the books that was missing in the original US card. I love quotes as I think they add affective value and reference to the original Tolkien lore.
The thing is that the US remaster version is missing this quote while (comparing to the original card) it looks like the font scale and the general text placing has been altered in order to make room for it.
So (pun obviously intended), is there an elusive scent of something missing here? :P
CatchanElusiveScent_sp.jpg
CatchanElusiveScent_sp.jpg (147.26 KiB) Viewed 573 times
CatchanElusiveScent_en.jpg
CatchanElusiveScent_en.jpg (143.4 KiB) Viewed 573 times
Kodi
Council Member

Nice, I'll try to find the original quote and add to english version :)

Edited: Done!
Baba
Location: If Oxford is Hobbiton (Tolkien's statmt in Letter294). Between river Adorn sources and Gap of Isen

The Balrog, descent through the fire,
The text card doesn't have the real sites names (under-galleries and under-court) it should be THE under-galleries THE under-court, no ???
Casual player forever !
Baba
Location: If Oxford is Hobbiton (Tolkien's statmt in Letter294). Between river Adorn sources and Gap of Isen

The Balrog, Lord and usurper
Is there an errata that changes cannot be duplicated on a given card in cannot be duplicated ???
Casual player forever !
Baba

Stupid question about angmarim minions faction (AtS) why did the txt "once in play the number...." disapear ?
Casual player forever !
Baba

AtS, hold rebuilt and repaired has lost its flavour text
Casual player forever !
Kodi
Council Member

Hi Baba!

All fixed

Angmarim has the order reversed from Standard Modifications regarding the influence at 0.

thanks a lot.
nico21000

Not an error, but the original METW_Tolfalas got a flavour text in the unlimited edition, challenge deck version and various other localizations:
Tolfalas_FR_CDA.jpg
Tolfalas_FR_CDA.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 181 times
Tolfalas_UNL_JAP.jpg
Tolfalas_UNL_JAP.jpg (240.56 KiB) Viewed 181 times
nico21000

METW_Tolfalas.png
METW_Tolfalas.png (695.84 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Baba

Deep Mines (WH) has also lost its flavour text
Casual player forever !
Kodi
Council Member

Tolfalas and Deep Mines improved! Thanks
Kodi
Council Member

Updated with CRF 19 text changes :D
Tarwin

The card "Near to hear a whisper" ends its text with the sentence "Cannot be played if your opponent is a minion player". This is in contrast to the CRF where under "Card effect limitations" it states:
Near to Hear a Whisper, Sudden Fury and Great Need or Purpose may be played because they do not target a specific agent.
I cannot find an erratum for the card itself.
Is this an error in the remastered card or am I missing something?

Return to “Community Projects”