MeCCG Website

Let's publish our projects
Kodi
Council Member

Hello friends,

It has been quite some time since I launched meccg.com in 2020 with the assistance of several community members.

I find it curious that I never posted on the CoE forum to announce the site, but better late than never :roll:

I am posting this now, primarily because I want to invite members of this community who may have suggestions or resources they'd like to share on the site.

Of course, you can also message me privately if you prefer.

Let's continue! :D
cardcollector

Brilliant website.

Perhaps in the collectors section there could be some kind of leaderboard for the rarest cards alongside estimated print numbers. You could also have information for how the cards were distributed under a 'further information' tab for each card. Something like this (the numbers are rough estimates, it will be good to have further debate and we will probably have to leave the issue open ended for revision).

1.Japanese Fury Of The Iron Crown - 30-100
Mostly destroyed, a handful distributed at a tournament when ICE was winding down.
2.Japanese Black Arrow - 50-150
Attainable by sending letter to Yanoman in Japan.
3.Dutch Test of Form without the gold stamp - 50-100
Error tournament promo that was meant to have gold stamp.
4.Dutch Fatty Bolger - 50-200
Tournament card.
5.Dutch Test of Form with the gold stamp - 300-400
Tournament card.
6.German Taschendieb - 300-600
Tournament card.
7.French Double sided fatty bolger/merry - 300-700
Magazine promo paper stock card that was a coupon to redeem either a Merry or Fatty Bolger promo card.

The list could perhaps be something like a top 10. The distribution information I have written is just off the top of my head and could be written by people with a better understanding.

Then for set cards, a brief history of the release of each set could be written along with any estimated print runs and also information on the 'chase cards' for each set. Little stories like some of the ATS boxes being lost can be interesting and useful for collectors. Other products like foreign languages and errors are also of note for further explanation where possible.

When I got into MECCG a few years ago as a collector, the first thing I did was to look for this kind of information and it took me a good amount of time to discover details. Going back in old forum posts could be confusing at times (especially in reference to the Spanish alt art cards that were previously considered much rarer than after the discovery of new supply). I know that for a lot of collectors, they will find this information clearly presented very helpful.

---
For other items, I have come across official ICE color slides of card artworks (probably for press use?). Also there are original card artworks of course which can sometimes differ slightly from the printed card, I am not sure how these would be added to a database and the quantity to document would be large.

Another section to consider would be an aggregator of Youtube videos related to MECCG including guides, gameplay and product openings etc. There is not too much content currently but every few months I like to see if there is anything new.

I had another thought about a guide section for card authentication, but I do not know if it would be wise to popularize information on these details.
Kodi
Council Member

Hello cardcollector, I think it's a fantastic idea :idea:

I've been wanting the website to provide more information about collecting for a while now. It would even be great to have some updated price references.

If you're interested in managing this information, I could create a user account for you to publish interesting content.

If you'd like, we can discuss this privately and work out the details.

Thank you very much :D
Flyingpenut

It sounds like y’all are an experts in Meccg collecting. I actually have a decent collection and would love to exchange information. I believe I have every English card however I am not sure about misprints, errors, or reprints. I know other games have several versions of cards after errors are discovered and are corrected however I haven’t seen that in these cards in their English versions. Do yall know any differently?

I also have a majority of the other “stuff” dice, tokens, books, etc however I’m missing one of the 3 binders. The stormcrow binder I have only seen once on eBay and it was part of a set they wouldn’t break up. I’m not into the shirts or tokens. Only usable items. What all do y’all have?

Return to “Community Projects”