Missed the charter vote?

TWC3333

It's good to have a new Charter, although I think I missed the vote. When was the vote held? Was the vote open to all players like the last vote?
TWC3333

Welcome friend. There are cards named after an ally, faction, or special item that could be played on these types of sites. Men of Lebennin for Pelargir. Palantir for White Towers.
TWC3333

I worked for a charter organization. I can help.
DamienX207 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:33 pm Several years ago when the Charter was last updated, Jabberwock opted for a community vote to ratify his updates, and while we can hazard a guess as to his reasoning for doing so, we ultimately can't say for sure.
Yes. It is normal with a charter.
DamienX207 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:33 pm this is not something that the community at large needed to be "signing off on" so long as a majority of the Council itself had voted in favor of how we are operating.
It is normal with the charter to be updated. But the normal thing is that it is approved first.
DamienX207 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:33 pm 3) The term "charter" is traditionally written/updated by its legislative overseers, not the general public.
This is not normal. Have you seen a church or company? A church charters an organization. The organization writes the charter. The church approves it. A government can charter companies. The company writes the charter. The government approves the charter.

This is game player group. The players are in charge. The council drafts the charter. The players approve the charter. The players vote for council to have the charter.

I do not know of any group that does approve the charter by vote itself.
DamienX207 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:33 pm
4) Finally, the current Councilmembers were all elected by the community at large in order to oversee the health and forward progress of MECCG, the community that surrounds it, and of course the CoE itself. Our goal is to meet (and exceed) those expectations, but ultimately we have been elected with the ostensible responsibility to do so. If members of the community want to have a larger voice in dictating how the Council operates toward that purpose, they are highly encouraged to run for the CoE themselves!
This is a bad thing. Such as a government official did something wrong and then told people to join the government to fix it. Do not stop the problem?
I think it is better to respect the players more. The player vote is attractive. Do not accept it?

Return to “Discarded”