Orc-warband - played VS faced

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

The Lidless Eye: Orc-warband
Rarity: Common, Precise: CB, CS1

Hazard: Creature

Orcs. Five strikes. If played on a company that has already faced an Orc attack this turn, Orc-warband receives +3 prowess. "Fierce and shrill rose the yells of the Orcs, and suddenly the horn calls ceased."-LotRIII
What if Orc-warband will be used as an additional AA? Should the AA receive the bonus: "If played on a company that has already faced an Orc attack this turn, Orc-warband receives +3 prowess."
Automatic-attack itself is not played on something. Creature as AA is not played on company, rather it is played to "define" an AA, not to create an AA: "Opponent may play as an automatic-attack one non-unique hazard creature from his hand normally keyed to a [...]" exists anyway.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

The only thing relevant is whether the company has been attacked by orcs before, no matter which type (aa or not) of the attack, I think. So, +3 applies.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

OK.
My concern is not type of Orcs attack (AA, from creature, from event etc.) faced before attack created on basis of Orc-warband.
My concern is the detail that Orc-warband, even if it is considered played, is not played on company. I doubt that AA is ever considered played on company (maybe I am wrong here).
CRF even says:
Automatic-attacks that allow the revealing of creature cards are not stopped by
Stealth or Secret Entrance.
Creatures revealed as automatic-attacks do not count as creatures.

(played or only revealed, creature is not eliminated if AA is defeated).
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”